Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: US Elections  (Read 43083 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: US Elections
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 07:15:33 PM »

So do I!

breeze

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 10:22:10 AM »

Spontaneous combustion.

That hair must be 90% hair spray.

breeze

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 12:42:13 PM »

Looks like Hilary Clinton has been confirmed as the Democratic candidate.

Love her or hate her this is an historic milestone for women.

Thoughts anyone???

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 02:06:32 PM »

From watching US television & listening to locals whilst we were in NY, he wasn't exactly flavour of the month there either.  I like Bernie!

breeze

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 02:23:21 PM »

I like Bernie to but think he is a bit too long in the tooth.

Joyce

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »

I agree, but he's the most sensible of them.

Dorothy

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 04:08:48 PM »

If I were American, I would be trying to emigrate by now  :'(  The only thing I will say for Hilary Clinton is that she might be better than Donald Trump.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 10:00:41 PM »

The internet's not full or we wouldn't be communicating with each other  ;).  From the BBC web-site she had pneumonia which can be difficult to diagnose.  I was surprised then to see her back in action so quickly!

Annika

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 11:21:24 PM »

Well guess I'm the odd one out because I hope that Trump wins and I shudder to think Hillary Clinton and her wandering husband back in the White House. I think many in the UK are not getting the full story as the press are incredibly biased in the reporting and so many are not aware of what really life is like over here.  The Clintons who were not the richest folk when they left office, not even owning they're own home are now millionaires many times over thanks to the book tours, the $250,000 a plate dinners,wealthly donors from overseas and widespread corruption through the "Clinton Foundation". Nothing would get done if she wins this election just another wasted 4/8 years of a scandal plagued administration as it was under her husband. So for my family and friends who are voting for Trump  we would welcome a non politician to have a go at things especially someone who has built an empire at a very young age, created many jobs and maybe just maybe bring back some jobs and companies back to the US not to mention securing borders. Well anyway I guess it'll all sort itself out soon with the Election coming up and we'll know one way or the other. By the way I don't think any Americans are trying to emigrate Dorothy or feel awful to be American StellaJane but just people that love they're country.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:31:41 PM by Annika »

Ju Ju

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 07:31:00 AM »

Mmm? Really? I have many friends and some relatives in the USA, some staunch republicans who are horrified by the racist and prejudiced statements Trump is making.

The USA is a huge country, very varied in beautiful terrain and culture. The majority of Americans do not have passports and do not travel abroad. News tends to be insular and not international, so many Americans are unaware of what is going on beyond their shores and how they are perceived, how American foreign policy through the years (as has British foreign policy) has contributed to why there is terrorism. Obama has inspired respect.

As someone who believes that the value and worth of every person is a given, (people not their actions) not just white, heterosexual people. I am absolutely horrified by Trumps speeches and comments. Even more horrified that he has such huge support. His support is being compared to the rise of Hitler for good reason.

Ju Ju

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2016, 07:01:40 PM »

I was travelling in NZ in 2005 and met some Americans too. They said they were telling people they were Canadian. They too hated Bush. My son lives in Maine, hunting, shooting country and strongly republican. He does not discuss politics other than with his in laws. He says that Hilary Clinton is hated. With such a huge country and population, you would think there would be more candidates with leadership qualities, vision both nationally and internationally and of course, charisma.

Dana

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 06:37:23 AM »

Let's hope Trump has really shot himself in the foot this time. I honestly don't understand how any woman could support this piece of worthless crap. Hillary Clinton may have her problems and failings, but she's looking pretty good against his misogyny, racism, hatred and thuggery.

Robert De Niro has said it the best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpFDyKeqyA

Ju Ju

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 08:42:50 AM »

More frightening than the man himself, is the fact that he has had so much support.

ellie

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 04:03:19 PM »

Anyone seen the .....,Trump and Clinton  ..singing on U Tube ?......

Dana

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 04:46:36 AM »

I like the one of Trump skulking around behind Clinton during the last debate - to the music of "Jaws"...lol..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14