Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femseven and bleeding  (Read 5957 times)

scoobylyn

Femseven and bleeding
« on: March 18, 2016, 08:24:54 AM »

I'm still on the femseven Conti patches.  Doctor prescribed estriol cream to help with vaginal atrophy problem as patch alone doesn't seem to work.  I'm finding that I'm blowing every 2 weeks but noticeably when I change my patch and use the cream on the same day.  It may be coincidence but yesterday I changed patch, used cream and today I've woken to a heavy bleed and period pains. 

Any ideas?

Hurdity

Re: Femseven and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 01:22:08 PM »

Blowing?  :-\ Typo?

I wouldn't have thought your heavy bleed would have anything to do with the Estriol cream. How long have you been on the Femseven conti and where are you in menopause? Conti HRT takes a while to settle - can be up to 6 months before bleeding/spotting stops. if you are still having your own cycle this can also lead to irregular bleeding.

Hurdity x

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 05:00:55 PM »

Hi Scoobylyn

I've just started conti patches too, only mine are Everol ones and I've also started bleeding after day 2 and and has lasted about 5 days started a bit brown then normal blood but quite light now hoping it's going to stop as going brown again and now only need a panty liner so hoping it's coming to an end.

My Doctor recommended conti ones as I've been on Hrt for 5 years and don't know if I have normal periods now or not and didn't want to come off Hrt to find out.

Let's hope we don't get these bleeds to often, I don't know about you but I never feel well when I have them. I would say the cream must be a coincidence.

Ann x

scoobylyn

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 10:12:34 PM »

Blowing.... Yes I meant bleeding but autocorrect thinks otherwise

I've been on femseven for 6 months now.  Bleeding can be quite heavy and painful.  Up until taking hrt I'd been period free for 2yrs.  Doctor thinks I'm menopausal. 

Pollie

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 07:52:24 AM »

Hi scoobylyn

My situation is slightly different ( Mirena plus patch, constant spotting for 6 months) but interestingly I too have suspected for some time that I spot more heavily the day after patch change, and also if I use Vagifem or topical estriol cream....

I thought it was me being obsessed and ' suspicious' but maybe not ?

I also had occasional heavy bleeding when I was on femseven conti  (for 6 months) although prior to that had used Mirena plus patch successfully for some years so it's a mystery to me!

Have you been referred for any investigations for post menopausal bleeding - I think you should have ?

Pollie

scoobylyn

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »

Yes been referred and had hysteroscopy that found a polyp.  I use the estriol cream if I think I might get lucky with husband as it does help in the short term.  I'm pretty sure that when co-inciding with a patch change I've bled. 

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 12:59:37 PM »

Hi scoobylyn

If the bleeding doesn't settle you might be better off with a sequential preparation which will give a regular monthly bleed, rather than bleeding at random times - several women have chosen to do this even though post-menopausal.

Hurdity x

scoobylyn

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 01:21:26 PM »

Do you have any suggestions as to brands? I have elleste duet here but kept up the femseven.  The bleeding is driving me nuts though

Pollie

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 03:54:10 PM »

I use the estriol cream if I think I might get lucky with husband as it does help in the short term. 

Just re reading your earlier post - do you mean on the same night ?

Not sure about mixing estriol cream and nookie ...... From your hubby's point of view that is   ???

I think that the oestrogen can transfer from skin to skin contact..... But maybe the cream is so weak it doesn't matter ?

Pollie