Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Burning legs  (Read 3319 times)

ellie

Burning legs
« on: March 18, 2016, 06:01:48 PM »

My shins, in particular the left one feels as though I have been standing too near the fire,  Also in my arms but not as bad....There is no rash and no redness... I went to doctors on Monday, because I thought it maybe had somthing to do with the spinal surgery and nerve damage I suffered last year.....He sent me for blood tests on Tuesday, and all came back normal , except he wants the kidney test done again in a month.
     Has anyone else suffered with this burning? It's driving me mad  >:(

countrybumpkin

Re: Burning legs
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 06:07:45 PM »

It could still be from your spinal nerves as I get all sorts of weird sensations from my damaged spine.  Does not mean its anything nasty but not pleasant to have.
Your Dr would want to rule out things like vit b12 deficiency etc hence the blood tests.
Hope its goes away soon.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 06:09:18 PM »

Yep! Horrid isn't it. I was told it was part & parcel of restless legs.  For some reason mine are always worst when I go to bed. I've had for many years. Have to dangle legs out of covers to get relief. Always trying to find a cool spot. All my blood tests were OK too.

ellie

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 06:35:05 PM »

Thanks for quick replies. Forgot to say the skin also feels a bit ****ly, and the burning moves around, just now I have a big patch on the inner part of my knee....It all started about three weeks ago, and then just at night, but now it's all the time......
   Yes he did test my B12 as my Dad had pernicious anemia and it's heredetory. Also I am not diabetic.....

coldethyl

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 06:41:08 PM »

I burn all over. I am diabetic but am well controlled so not neuropathy. Mine is associated with odd red blotches. GP says hives. The antihistamines help but aren't shifting it. Only started as my peri journey heated up last Spring. I could peel my skin off some days. It doesn't itch just stings. Had bloods done over and over but nothing shows. GP says another of those meno things.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 07:24:48 PM »

Thanks for quick replies. Forgot to say the skin also feels a bit ****ly, and the burning moves around, just now I have a big patch on the inner part of my knee....It all started about three weeks ago, and then just at night, but now it's all the time......
   Yes he did test my B12 as my Dad had pernicious anemia and it's heredetory. Also I am not diabetic.....

Since I was a teenager I have had attacks of intensely sensitive skin that feels like I am getting shingles or have a bad burn. At its worst I get sharp shooting nerve pains in the area as well. It lasts no longer than 48 hrs and goes away completely and can affect anywhere on my body. I can go months without it then I will get repeat attacks over a month or so.
They all agree its some form of peripheral neuropathy and might be connected to my spinal problems or not?  I have had endless tests over the years and no neuro disease have ever been found.

ellie

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 07:36:51 PM »

Thanks CB, I do fell this is what could be wrong with me .......My last spinal surgery has caused so many problems. My right foot in mostly numb and very very painful and I also have numbness in my nether regions.  I have been told these side affects are permanent . I had a spinal leak during op and I think it did cause a lot of damage.......Fingers crossed this burning doesn't get any worse, really am feeling at the the end of my tether.... :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 07:45:00 PM »

So sorry to hear that you are having trouble Ellie  :bighug:  - chronic pain is tiring  :-\

Can you take pain relief?  I found that bananas daily helped restless legs which is condition all of it's own! and begins in the evening and at night. I am aware of the pulling in my legs in the day but it isn't troublesome until I get into bed.  Strangely, if I go to bed in the day for a sleep it doesn't happen, at night however I have had many broken nights.  I have tried sleeping with my legs in the air, on pillows, on thick blankets under the mattress which did give some relief.  Nurofen certainly helps!

ellie

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 07:51:49 PM »

Restless legs is horrid, but no I havnt got that....I am on a high level of pain killers and pain patches, none of which help much .  I feel completely done in, and now this burning on top of everything else...

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 07:54:09 PM »

Is there a Pain Clinic near by?  Have you tried yoga?  Chronic pain is unbearable.

ellie

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 08:09:06 PM »

I am waiting for an appointment at the pain clinic to see if I am suitable to have either a morphine pump of eletric stimulator inserted......This burning is now on top of everything else, hence why I am feeling so low....Must stop moaning  :-X

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 08:10:27 PM »

You keep on moaning - it's what we are here for!  It's in your face all the while and easy for me to forget in my daily life that there are problems ;-).