Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3078 times)

Lisa79

Hello
« on: March 24, 2016, 07:25:19 PM »

Hello ladies my name is Lisa am 36 years . Not sure we're to start but here goes around 6 months my hreat started to race I been really fast I had to go to a&e loads of time were they could see my hreat racing fast but not in a abnormal why just racing I had to stays in hospital were it was recorded on a man chine but still there was not sure what was causing this there seemed to think it was some sort of adrenaline any way I went home in a very bad why anxiety really bad never knowing when it mite happen again I start to keep a dairy and notice that it seemed to happen at ovulation and a a day before my period began I also have very sore breast very bad discharge for 3days of ovulation that I didn't have before I have been put on beta blockers which helps a little but it still goes funny at them times of month just doesn't race it like my ovaries are working twice has hard as they should be am just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like before am sure it's my ovaries causing this thanks for reading this .X

Halfpint

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »

Hi Lisa,
I haven't experienced this myself but it does seem to be common during ovulation.
Are you on the pill? That can supposedly help with it.
Not sure about your discharge...you do get ovulation discharge which is normally thick and white colour (like raw egg white) but what do you mean by 'bad discharge'?

Lisa79

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:02:56 PM »

Hello,

Something bout my body has changed I think it's something to do with my ovaries because that's the only thing I can feel what's different I don't take the pill I have had ivf  I get lots more discharge some months then I use to like raw eggs like you said I get pain in my pelvic area think this is my ovaries heavy periods very sore breast aching joint racing heart at them times of the months am sure it's something to do with my lady bits I feels so different to what I use to . Thanks for reply X

Halfpint

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 09:27:43 PM »

Have you ever been diagnosed with endemetriosis? Some of your symptoms including the racing heart at ovulation are symptoms of endemetriosis. Have you experienced your period pain going down into your thighs? That too is a symptom of it.
How many IVF sessions have you had and how recent? The treatment does over stimulate your ovaries, so could it be something do to with that that has changed your discharge.
I know you went to A&E about your heart, but have you been to your GP to discuss all your new symptoms and see what they say?Might put your mind at rest.

Lisa79

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 09:48:35 PM »

I was very lucky and only had one treatment and got pregnant it was over 7 years ago I think that it's made me go into early menopause or the first stages of it yes I been to the doctors and told them many times but they say that am to young for anything like this to happen it's really it driving me mad because I can get any treatment till I till and find out what has changed my cardiologist did says that it my be but never really said any thing else but did ask if my baby days was over so I took this as he was suggesting a hysterectomy if things done get any better for me X

Halfpint

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 10:00:49 PM »

Glad to hear your Ivf was successful  :)
It is possible to have early menopause so not sure why your GP Is disregarding it?
I've recently changed GP to a smaller practice as at my old one I could never get an appointment even for my children.
My children's new GP is female and relatively young and so lovely that even though I rarely go to the GP as I feel like they always brush me off, I am tempted to make an appointment with this new one to discuss my peri menopause symptoms.
I have a friend who went through early menopause but she was 41.   A couple of years later she then had a hysterectomy.
Do you suffer badly with your periods? The Cardiologist could have been hinting at hysterectomy. My sister in law, her sister and their mother all had a hysterectomy age 38 due to terrible periods. I would get a second opinion from another GP. Try to see a female GP.

Lisa79

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 10:28:41 PM »

Thank you for your help I think I will go back and see a lady doctor it's very frustrating when no one is taking any notice when it makes such a huge in pack on your life I was full of life very happy person never ever had anxiety panic but now it's all I think bout yes I do suffer with them now which I never really did to be honest am scared bout having a hysterectomy because of the side effects was your sister in law OK after she had it done I hope the new lady doctor helps you and does listen to you X

Halfpint

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 10:42:20 PM »

Yes my sister in law was fine. She actually couldn't wait to have the hysterectomy as she used to feel so ill every month with her period. I wouldn't rush into one if it's not what you want. If you don't want more children it may be an idea to go on the pill or even the mirena coil (lots of my friends use this and are happy with it) which will help your periods.
To be honest your Dr sounds useless! Definitely get a second opinion. If you are suffering from anxiety your Dr is probably putting all your worries down to anxiety which they tend to do and which is frustrating.
Good luck x

Lisa79

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 09:01:40 AM »

Thanks you very much  . X

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 04:45:27 PM »

Hi Lisa79

:welcomemm:

I gather from what you are saying that you are just getting symptoms around ovulation and just before your period? The main thing is are your periods still regular? If so then you are not peri-menopausal yet so don't need to worry on that score just yet.... However during the late reproductive stage - when periods are still regular ( or they sometimes get shorter but still regular) hormonal changes start to happen which can give rise to more extreme pms and in particular you can get surges of oestrogen and then crashes, as well as the usual surge and crash of progesterone.

Around the time of ovulation oestrogen rises to a peak and then decreases rapidly - which some women are sensitive to - it then slowly rises and then falls again during the last week or so before the period.

Palpitations and sense of heart racing are associated with vasomotor symptoms which can start to occur before peri-menopause in some women. If your cardiologist has assured you there is nothing wrong with your heart then this is reassuring - there is a good article here about it:
http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/irregular-heartbeat.htm

I agree with Halfpint that if you are already over-sensitive to fluctuating oestrogen levels then taking the Pill might be a good idea (and then you could stop the beta-blockers). There is a good one called Qlaira with bio-identical oestrogen (estradiol) and only 2 tablet free days.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x