Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Change in HRT  (Read 1891 times)

lizzog

Change in HRT
« on: March 09, 2016, 10:06:56 PM »

I am 49 and until about two weeks ago had a mirena cool for prog and Evorel 50 for oestrogen.
I had intended to get the coil replaced, but the dr couldn't get a new one in. I am now back on Evorel 50 and Evorel Conti. This is my second Conti patch, but I am bleeding quite a bit and feel tired and headachey.
I wondered how long to expect the bleeding to go on for?

Cathypops

Re: Change in HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 12:47:16 AM »

I am interested in your post. I had a Mirena fitted just over three weeks ago and afterwards felt some discomfort with light bleeding and tummy cramps. Then after a week I had bleeding and it has lasted for two weeks. It seems to be getting better now in the third week but I am still getting tummy cramps on and off and a blood or brown discharge, so I have to wear towels every day (just in case) Do you think this will settle down eventually?

Hurdity

Re: Change in HRT
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 12:04:29 PM »

Hi lizzog - does this mean you are on Evorel sequi ie 2 weeks of Evorel 50 and two weeks of E conti? A mirena coil delivers progestogen continuously directly to the uterus so can stop bleeding completely even if you would normally be having periods. Now that it has been removed then if you are having cyclical HRT you are having less progestogen so will expect a normal (maybe heavier) withdrawal bleed from the HRT. Some women do bleed during the conti patches rather than after stopping the prog - and you won't know where your cycle is if you've been on the Mirena anyway so maybe the HRT is out of sync with your own hormones.

Hurdity x