Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Weird sensations  (Read 7644 times)

kaylasmum

Weird sensations
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:31:24 AM »

Hi, I'm 49 and for the last 3 years or so my periods have been very erratic. My last period was about 10 months ago. I have had a few times where it's really felt like it's about to start, all the usual symptoms but it never came to anything.

I haven't seen my gp about it as did'nt think much could be done. I have health anxiety which has mostly been under control due to cbt. My question is, do any of you get a sudden strange sensation in your leg, I have had this for about a week now. Random, fleeting feelings of tingling. I feel it in my leg and around my tailbone at the same time. It lasts possibly 5 seconds then goes.

My anxiety is starting to rise and cause me to be very down. I'm trying desperately to keep in control but really struggling here. My biggest worry is cancer and I automatically go to that possibility before any other.

Does anyone else have these strange body sensations?

Smokey

Re: Weird sensations
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:27:45 AM »

Hi Kaylasmam

I think it a meno symptom I used to get them years ago it reminded me of sitting on a bus with the engine running but at standstill at bustop. I had it all down both legs.

Ann.

Sooby

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:46:19 AM »

Hi Kay,

yes its a symptom of meno / peri meno so nothing serious to worry about. Strange tingling sensations, loss of feeling etc.

I love smokeys Diesel engine oscillations comparison, its so evocative.  ;D

holidaylover

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 01:24:45 PM »

Hi Kaylasmum, 
This has been one of my worst meno symptoms so far.  Have it in both legs, pin ****ling, crawling sensations.   Sends my health anxiety off the scale.  This week I've had a tingly patch just next to my shoulder blade which comes and goes.  My Doc doesn't believe it to be a memo symptom, but I beg to differ.  All sorts of tests come back normal, so the meno fits.  There are too many of us at the same age with the same symptoms for it to be a coincidence.  It would do no harm though to get it checked out only if to put your mind at rest, as Health Anxiety is horrid when it gets a grip. Take care.  H x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 01:27:22 PM »

Oh I get weird sensations in various parts of my body - have had for years, still here! >wave<.  The electric brain zaps are the strangest  ::) - due to the medication I am on.

As oestrogen levels ease off, so muscles become lax which can cause various oddities around the body.  Sometimes my bottom twitches for a while which is a nuisance  ::) and not something I can tell anyone ……….  :-X

kaylasmum

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 09:34:03 PM »

Thanks for all the kind replies.

I try hard not to let my mind wander into the dark thoughts but it's not easy. I feel like I'm falling apart. From the waist down I'm a lost cause  :( I have plantar fasciitis, lipodema, a rectocele and constant lower back pain. I have 5 kids from 31 to 9 year old and two grandchildren. I have to be strong for them but lately I'm finding it so hard. I'm working two jobs and I'm shattered.

Now to top it all it looks like my period might be starting after 10 months! I had a bit of brown blood when I wiped a while ago, not sure if it'll amount to anything but if it does it will probably be very heavy. This menopause carry on is'nt much fun.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 11:33:34 AM »

Lots of tingling and vibrating here too...don't worry, hormones xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 05:45:27 PM »

Delegate?  31 and living at home?  I mean aged 31 not 31 kids  ::).

Sit them down.  Explain.  Not into great detail but that you are approaching "The Change of Life" which will affect them too.  Ask how they would like to help around the house? laying out clothes the night B4, having a list of when PE kit etc. is required and tick off when it's packed ready to take?  Shopping? get it delivered if necessary or the older children can go with a list?

If necessary drive them to the store and let them loose with the trolley?

Explaining is the 1st thing to do.  We can't be all things to all people all the while  ;)

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »

Hello kaylasmum.

So sorry to read you are suffering but the tingling sensation is very common and nothing to worry about.

You may find your period doesn't appear after all. After six months period free I thought another one was starting but the brown discharge faded after a few days and that turned out to be my last ever bleed. Hopefully your journey will become a little easier as your hormones settle.

Wishing you well and sending hugs to you.

K.

kaylasmum

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 11:51:24 AM »

My 3 older children all have their own homes but my 24 yo daughter and 29 yo son have mental health issues so they need my support. I have spoken to my 2 grown up girls about the menopause but not in detail.

I'm worried about my mental health due to my health anxiety as 5 years I went through about 6 months of severe anxiety convinced that I had bowel cancer, I became withdrawn, could'nt eat and lost a lot of weight in a short space of time. I almost lost my job. I'm so scared that this will happen again. I'm struggling to keep control and would prefer to just hide away in my bed all day.

The tingling I'm feeling is intermittent, it's weird how I feel it in my tailbone then it seems to move to my right leg and it feels a bit weak. Can muscle weakness be hormonal too? My period is not heavy as I thought but its there.

Would I benefit from hrt?

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 05:25:22 PM »

I get tingling and restless legs.  I also get that feeling in my lymph glands that you get when you are going down with flu or a virus but nothing develops.  I get it if I am overtired, mentally or physically.

Explaining is the 1st thing to do.  We can't be all things to all people all the while  ;)

^ this, I agree.  I am having treatment for depression and anxiety and since I started to be honest with my family instead of keeping up a front I am finding that the support is there and no judgement.  It is like a breath of fresh air.  No one likes to own up to being in a position of weakness but when you confess to being human after all and not superwoman people relax with you and offer help. 

kaylasmum

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 10:39:36 AM »

The anxiety is bad today, the sensations weren't so bad over the weekend, barely noticed it at all yesterday. Woke up feeling really anxious and the weird feeling has been off and on. My period is coming and going too. Toes on left foot going numb on and off too. Feel stressed and down.