Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Falling off a cliff ....  (Read 5985 times)

Roadrunner

Re: Falling off a cliff ....
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 08:30:05 PM »

Thanks Mandz.

CLKD, I guess that's what my GP meant too. Bodies.
So is it just trial and error ...?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 08:43:13 PM »

Usually  ::) …….. keeping notes can be important.  It enables me to see that I actually came through those feelings, I have
a 1-5 score, 5 being when I have to grab the emergency meds..

Roadrunner

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 08:51:46 PM »

I have kept a sort of diary. I like the idea of a scoring system. If you don't mind my asking,  what sort of emergency meds?

Mary G

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 03:20:22 PM »

Roadrunner, it took me a long time to find the right HRT regime and having visited several doctors and my worse than useless GP who knew nothing about the menopause and even less about HRT, I finally consulted Professor John Studd and that was my breakthrough.  I had previously been on oral HRT and patches which were both ineffectual and I was also having silent migraines (migraine aura without headache) while taking the progesterone part of HRT.  Professor Studd immediately understood my problem and prescribed the 3 pumps (now reduced to 2) of Oestrogen/Utrogestan (100mg for only 7 days each month) and testosterone. 

Blood levels of oestrogen can be useful in that you can tell how much oestrogen you are getting from the gel but they are not an indication of symptom relief.  Some women need very high blood level readings for symptom relief whereas others only need a low level.  The normal levels "on paper" are completely useless for me and I need to go very high.  It's all about how good you feel on the different doses, it is not an exact science. 

I have had to make a few adjustments to the dosage but as long as I limit the amount of Utrogestan, this regime works very well indeed and is my best HRT regime by a very, very long way.  Frankly, I would not recommend any type of HRT other than the Oestrogel because I really don't think they work as well and that is why Professor Studd favours the gel, it really is life changing stuff and probably one of the most impacting forms of medication on the market. 

I would recommend you start on 2 pumps of gel everyday and go on from there.  You may need to go up to 3 pumps of gel if you are still having symptoms but it will take a few weeks to work.  If you are intolerant to progesterone, try to take 100mg Utrogestan vaginally for 7 days.

I have had very little useful medical help and have had to do all my own research and sort out my own medication.  The only person who really helped was Professor Studd and now I have a good private gynaecologist.  The bad advice I received from other doctors was frightening not to mention conflicting. 

My personal aim now is to help other women get the right HRT and learn from my mistakes. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2016, 04:05:43 PM »

I have taken anti-depressant medication since the late 1980s.  I have had panic attacks since age 3 so in 2002 my GP prescribed Betablockas which do help.  However, panic can over take me completely so he has given me in the past, Valium as necessary and now I have a packet of something beginning with 'L' to take as soon as panic begins.  Otherwise  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]