Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Progesterone break or not?  (Read 2340 times)

matildamouse

Progesterone break or not?
« on: March 10, 2016, 08:20:05 AM »

What is the reasoning behind the progesterone break from day 25 and is it advisable? I am post menopausal and on continuous BHRT estrogen and progesterone since 2015 which assist a lot with the typical menopausal symptoms.  I am not progesterone intolerant but at times feel as though I might have an ongoing overheated bodycore temperature (which feels different to a hot flush). I have read it might be related to too much progesterone, thus wondering whether I should try a break for 5 days?

Any advice,experience or opinions on this matter will be welcome. Thanks

Dancinggirl

Re: Progesterone break or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 10:05:56 AM »

matildamouse.  I did find I got that inner core heat, you describe so well, when I did the Utro continuously.  I just took it every day with no breaks (I am under the supervision of a gynae).  I think the 3 day break is to allow for the womb to shed should it need to and I think I should have done this as I did get problematic spotting. I doubt this overheating is to do with too much progesterone - I think it is just one of the side effects of Utrogestan.  You could try doing the sequential regime which is 12 days on and 16days off Utro but one then should use 200mg each day on the Utro phase and this would result in a withdrawal bleed - this bleed is necessary on the a sequi regime. All progesterones seem to give some side effects - some worse than others. If this slight overheating sensation isn't too bad I would stick with your current regime - tinkering with things could bring other problems.  DG x

matildamouse

Re: Progesterone break or not?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 03:35:28 AM »

Thanks DG, your reply makes so much sense. You and Hurdity are a wealth of knowledge and information on this website!