Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: never forgetting your Mum  (Read 5602 times)

Pennyfarthing

never forgetting your Mum
« on: March 06, 2016, 11:25:39 AM »

I live beside a church and have been having a relaxing few hours reading in bed after my shower.  I have been very touched to see the number of men going into the churchyard with flowers and plants to put on their mothers graves.  They're middle aged mainly and a few who I'd guess must be close to 80.  I've seen a few women go in too but the majority are men today. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: never forgetting your Mum
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »

Mine didn't suggest going to his parents' grave, we did see my Mum for a few days and Himself told me that Stresscos were 'doing a good trade in flowers' this morning  ::)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 11:52:41 AM »

I went to see Mum yesterday and took her all her shopping as she decided she didn't fancy going out as it was pouring with rain.

I took her a very nice card and a lovely planter full of spring flowers. I also had some old photos of her family restored and put  her favourite one in a lovely frame I bought.  It is approx 1927 and she was about 3 and they were just a family of 4 kids at that stage but they ended up as 8 children.  She was really pleased with that.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 01:08:13 PM »

Pennyfarthing, your mum must have been very touched by your thoughtfulness.

Stellajane that is so sad, I hope you can take comfort from your memories. My mother died in 2004 and I have got used to the world without her but I still have my fond memories  :love:

CLKD hope your mum behaved herself for you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 01:46:18 PM »

We had 1 set of 'words' but generally it was quite a pleasant few days.  >phew<b and appreciated her 3 pots of Spring flowers that I took as well as the 3 books I had wrapped ……. there were mutterings about 'hope you didn't spent too much!'  :-X