Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 4 weeks and still going!  (Read 1899 times)

Tigger99

4 weeks and still going!
« on: March 04, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »

My latest period has now been dragging on for 4 weeks and just when it shows signs of stopping it seems to come back again! Anyone know how long these longer periods last for before they become more infrequent? Really fed up now and feel so angry all the time, which is not like me at all  >:(

Pollie

Re: 4 weeks and still going!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 09:35:19 AM »

Am I right in thinking you are not on HRT but you are peri and tests have revealed nothing abnormal?

If so you could discuss mirena to thin your lining or BCP to regulate your bleeding, with your GP. If you plan on using Hrt in the future then mirena can act as the progesterone part for you so doesn't need removing.

Some folk on here have had success with these two methods.

I don't know how long it could go on for I'm afraid as my periods just stopped dead ( I had had mirena for contraceptive purposes for some years)

Pollie

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 10:48:09 AM »

Tigger99 -- I'm fraud these long, erratic bleeds - sometimes heavy sometimes light - are all part of the peri meno stage. Pollie is right - there are things that can help so it's worth discussing this your GP but do try to see the one at your practice that is clued up on the meno.   DGx

Tigger99

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 04:56:02 PM »

Hi Pollie

Thank's for your reply. Yes you are correct I am not on HRT and all the tests have come back clear. Just annoying more than anything. This has been on an off for 3 years now. I will go back to my Dr and see what she suggests, although she isn't the best for these things.

Dancinggirl - Maybe I just put up with it and hope it stops soon  :)