Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HI - trying to understand all this..  (Read 2633 times)

pixiefae

HI - trying to understand all this..
« on: March 03, 2016, 10:55:51 PM »

I was told yesterday by my consultant I'm post menopausal and have had total ovarian failure. Im only 37 so this has been something of a shock to me.

I'm not sure how I feel, I know that my anxiety recently has gone through the roof, and my depression has been horrific. But I didn't put any more notice to it.

Im waiting on HRT as the consultant says I have to have it and trying to get some understanding of how and why this is going to effect me!

Just wanted to say Hi and say a bit about me.

Thanks

Pix

Mandz

Re: HI - trying to understand all this..
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:11:11 PM »

Hi and welcome xxx

Wow your very young to be post, no wonder you're shocked

Sweetheart I am going through depression and anxiety myself at the moment so I can empathise with you

This forum has been a godsend to me, the ladies are wonderful and give much care, support and wise advise .... So don't be alone, someone will be along to help with any questions

On my thread I'm totally honest as I can about how I feel, and although I wouldn't wish it on anyone, just hearing others experiences is such a relief to know that I'm not going crazy and the only person to feel "this way"....

Much hugs m xxx

BrightLight

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 11:41:47 PM »

Hi Pixie - big news for you to digest.  The consultant is doing the right thing advising you to take HRT to replace hormones that you won't be producing naturally.  There is a website/organisation for early menopause called the Daisy Network, lots to read on there regarding early menopause. Did your periods just stop?  Please do seek information online and from your consultant, it's really useful to know more about the things happening to you, what your fertility options might be, if that is of concern and all sorts of things.  x

Nicci

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 11:47:43 PM »

Hello Pix,
I'm a brand newbie myself. I have nothing to offer in the way of advice but just wanted to say hello and send a hug :foryou: .....okay, some flowers then xxxx
Everything will be okay xx

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 11:48:06 PM »

Hi Pixie

Taz x  :welcomemm:

ancient runner

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 10:42:06 AM »

Gosh what a shock for you.
There are a few premature menopause members on the forum too.
I think they often also recommend something called the Daisy network?
Best of luck

pixiefae

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »

thanks ladies, sorry i posted and then had to go look after a friend.

I had a mirena coil in for contraception and my periods were non existant - when it came out it seemed to have made my period heavier i had 2 HUGE ones about 18 months ago and then nothing. Then 2 months ago i had 2 months of hot flushes - which is when i mentioned it to the dr....he said NO WAY so i cried at him till he blood tested me. Turns out I was right.

Ive had the worst panick attacks of my life and mood swings - I think i am a female Mrs Hyde and Dr Jekyll! Its horrendous!

Ill look into the daisy network but yet again thank you xx