Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding for longer than before and a bit concerned  (Read 1725 times)

pepperminty

Bleeding for longer than before and a bit concerned
« on: March 02, 2016, 07:39:54 PM »

Hi,
 after a long and difficult time I appeared to have finally got the peri menopause under the best control I can manage. My main concern is that for the last 6 months my periods have been short and very light  apart from the first day and they normally start on a Wednesday/ Thursday and are all finished by sunday , BUT this month I  have a bloody discharge which is still here Wednesday night. I know it is only 3 days over, but I am worried. I want to know what the cause might be? Is it a blip? Is it normal and next month will be fine ? Is it a sign that the HRT is stopping working? Has the Femosten 1/10 stopped working so well? I suppose I am panicking a little as I am worried that this is a sign it may all go tits up again.

Any advice would be welcome please.

Peppermintyxxx 

Hurdity

Re: Bleeding for longer than before and a bit concerned
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:45:07 PM »

Hi pepperminty

If you are still peri-menopausal then surely this is your own hormones kicking in? Until you are very late peri or post-meno then your bleeds may still vary. I'm not sure what you mean by the Femoston stopping working - if you are having a bleed at the normal time then it's a sure sign that the oestrogen is building up the lining and the progestogen is enabling it to shed. If you are feeling otherwise well then I wouldn't worry. If you continue to get heavier periods then maybe visit the doc. I did this because I had had a fibroid diagnosed in 2013 and when the bleeds got heavier (last autumn) I was worried it might have grown but it had in fact shrunk when I had a scan! I am well post-meno though at 62. I'm sure it is all OK - because you are peri. If you are worried then phone the doc or meno clinic - whoever you see, for reassurance.

Hurdity x :)

pepperminty

Re: Bleeding for longer than before and a bit concerned
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 08:11:20 PM »

Hi , thanks Hurdity.I am just concerned that this period although not heavier is lasting much longer and is more bloody discharge apart from the first 3 days. I am worried that it will carry on like this. Before I had what I call a normal bleed that lasted for 4 days and finished . Not carried on as bloody discharge. I was wondering if it was because \I need more progesterone. Or that perhaps using Vagifem had effected the bleeding.

Pepperminty xx