Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes and nausea  (Read 2827 times)

coldethyl

Hot flushes and nausea
« on: February 29, 2016, 08:25:15 AM »

Does anyone else find that their flushes make them feel a bit nauseous? I've had a terrible night with the sweats and when I woke up the flushes just continued and I felt like I used to when I was pregnant- a bit nauseous and a nasty taste in mouth. I feel shakey too but I am guessing that is all the adrenalin sloshing round in my system. I'm coming back as a cat.

HorsesHorses

Re: Hot flushes and nausea
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 04:19:54 PM »

Hi coldethyl
Yes I get this and my digestion problems fluctuate daily too. Sicky feelings seem to come out of nowhere and I get the funny taste in mouth too. I also hate the wobbly shakey feeling. I can't remember the last time I wasn't flushing and feeling tired and strange. I don't care what i come back as, as long as I'm male!
HH

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 06:04:16 PM »

I think the nauseous feeling is due to the extra adrenaline which kicks in with a flush/sweat.

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 06:23:20 PM »

Hello coldethyl.

Clearly Mother Nature decided my pregnancies were too easy and she would punish me by piling up the problems during the menopause!  For example my only experience of morning sickness has been during this time in my life.
It is a comfort to know that this is all hormonal but sometimes my patience is truly tested.

Sending hugs to you all and take care.

K.

coldethyl

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 10:45:03 PM »

thanks ladies. It is making me feel really physically anxious even when my head is not anxious- I have been hyperventilating all evening because I am so buzzing inside. x

Meg

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 02:13:57 AM »

Dear Coldethyl

I am in the same boat as you.  The waking nausea drives me to despair nearly.  Small wonder that we get depressed with all of this.  On top of our hormones causing us depression anyway!

Meg

matildamouse

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 10:01:11 AM »

Yes! My hot flushes start with an uneasy nauseous feelling. I actually feel quite crazy during that time....like I want to smash a mug...or someone  ;)

coldethyl

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 01:10:51 PM »

It sucks. If it's not waking up with night sweats, it's waking up panicking then starting the flashes through the morning. By mid afternoon you could fry an egg on my back and I just feel bleurgh. X