Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Stomach issues  (Read 2560 times)

Tinkerbellj

Stomach issues
« on: February 26, 2016, 11:06:22 AM »

Ok so I am supposed to be off everything til next meno clinoc appt in april but on sunday I stuck on a patch to see if it helped with jount pains and mood. It hasnt in fact I think I am worse but have noticed that my tummy issues ie bloating and diarrhoea have returned. They had gone for the last month. So wondering has anyone had tummy issues with patch?? It is the oestrogen only evorel one.

Kate50

Re: Stomach issues
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 11:25:43 AM »

I get bloating  on oestrogen its annoying!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »

I get upset stomach, bloating and stomach pain on oestrogen.

Just want to say that if you are supposed to be off everything then it's really not a good idea to stick a patch on randomly no matter how tempted you are as if you have any blood tests they may give an inaccurate result.

Taz x

c12345

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 05:19:55 PM »

Yep! It's not so bad now, as I noticed a difference depending what side of my body the patch is on, so maybe try experimenting with that and see if it helps?

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »

Glad its not just me imagining this!! Taz I waited until I had my baseline day three bloods when I had my period and now I am going to have them done when I have a patch on to see if I am absorbing it. My appointment is  sometime In april but the muscle . pain is so bad I have been prescribed tramadol but its not touching it and my mood is so flat. My bloods indicated my oestrogen was extremely low.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 12:44:36 PM »

It sounds as if you are having a horrible time at the moment Tinkerbellj. Just wanted to say that if your pain is bad enough to warrant Tramadol then I'm not sure that this will be resolved by oestrogen. Yes, you can get stiff muscles and joint pain due to low oestrogen levels but I'm not sure that pain to the extent you are experiencing is "normal" for meno? What tests have you had re the pain?

Taz x  :hug:

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 12:57:06 PM »

Sorry taz should.have said I have had fibro for 20years but I his is the worst it has ever ever been. Gp thinks the hormone flucuations r causing it to flare up. I did mention that I might be better just knocking out all the hormones with a bcp but he wants me just to wait to meno clinic again but ti be honest I didn't find them have helpful