Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evoril Conti  (Read 4084 times)

Loudgirl

Evoril Conti
« on: February 26, 2016, 05:13:52 PM »

Hi Everyone
I am new to the forum and would like to ask about evoril conti. I started taking this a week ago because of terrible insomnia. My sleep seems to have improved but now I have been constipated for the last week and my stomach feels hard. Has anyone else had this symptom and if so did it get better over time or have you any advise.

Taz2

Re: Evoril Conti
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:17:20 PM »

Hi Loudgirl. I didn't have this problem when on Evorel conti, in fact, it seems more likely that it can give you loose bowels but everyone reacts differently.  Did you have constipation while you were still having periods?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Loudgirl

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 05:32:41 PM »

Hi Taz
I used to suffer with constipation caused by the antidepressant I take venlafaxine but for the last 12 months it has been 100 per cent better, l hope this is just a temporary blip as constipation is awful. I have been post men now for 2 years so no periods for 3 years.
Thanks for your reply.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 05:56:17 PM »

I just wondered as I have the opposite problem with all HRT's and I used to have diarrhoea when I was still having a cycle so I thought you might be reacting to the hormones in the same way as you did when you were still having periods.

I'm sure someone else will be along soon to welcome you and give their advice/experiences too.

Taz x

jgr

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 07:09:24 PM »

Hi Loudgirl, i am on Evoril Conti and have been for three years +, can't say i have noticed constipation as such but my bowel motions have altered slightly onto the hard side, (sorry TMI) Screening test show nothing so i just put it down to the body changing with this lovely time we are going through. xx

Loudgirl

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 08:08:21 PM »

Hi jgr
Oh well maybe things will Settle down given time. Thanks for your response.

Sunnydays

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 09:45:41 AM »

hi loudgirl,
I was told my a meno nurse that as  the progesterone has a relaxing effect, it relaxes the bowels so can be vulnerable to ibs etc. When i tool evorel, i felt my bowels had become sluggish but it did settle.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 05:13:23 PM »

Hi Loudgirl

:welcomemm:

As Sunnydays says progesterone is a muscle relaxant and I just read that this can cause constipation - and oestrogen has the reverse effect!

This is a site about pregnancy which outlines some of the major effects: http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/pregnancy-hormones/estrogen.aspx

I guess it depends which hormone you react more to as to which one will affect your bowels - the lucky women will not notice any difference as the two effects might cancel each other out (if that's possible!)!

Hurdity x

Loudgirl

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 05:52:53 PM »

Hi Sunnydays
Thanks for your reply I will wait and see if it settles.

vickypk

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 06:01:32 PM »

Hi Loudgirl
Hope you are okay.  I have been using Evorel Conti for 6 months and haven't had any problems. 

Vickypk

kew

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 08:20:43 PM »

Just into my 2nd week on Evorel Conti, and after the first day I had the exact opposite reaction which thankfully only last a day and the was back to normal.

Hopefully things will settle down for you.

Loudgirl

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 10:26:08 PM »

Thanks for the response I have had, I will let you know how things progress, take care everyone .

Goosieloosie

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 08:29:52 PM »

Since I have been on HRT full stop my motions have been more frequent and much much softer, I was on Evorel conti for 3 months aswell. Before starting HRT I was beginning to get very constipated.