Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Newbie slipping in to depression... Can I stop taking Ellesse mid progesterone a??  (Read 7874 times)

Hurdity

I know exactly what you mean about the taboo ruthae. I wouldn't dream of saying anything at all on the MM facebook page because I would not want any of my friends/family to see what I'd written - I mean I'm friends with some of my grown-up children's friends! I even started another FB identity using my married name and other christian name so I could then post incognito as it were - but I never do because I've forgotten the login! I just read the page (which I liked a long time ago) in my main name but never ever post! I only ever talk about it with my female friends whom I know will have gone through it or maybe those also in late 40's who will be coming up to it at some point - and only if they comment on some aspect of me eg skin or fitness.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Education, education, education ……….. so we now have an MM Forum guerrilla group  ;D

MM Leaflets - discuss? where would you find those?

ruthae

Under the 'More' tab at the top of the page, then under 'Leaflets' -  Will MM Forum bail me if I get arrested for fly leafleting?

Educate a man and you get a wiser man, educate a woman and you educate a whole family... 8)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

:thankyou:

We'll come and see you - we have a virtual charabanc for MM use  ;)

Clovie

Hi there Ruthae, and welcome!  :foryou:

I'm progesterone intolerant myself, and can fully vouch for Utrogestan being THE one to try, it changed me from a veritable mad woman/basket case back into something vaguely human.  ;D

I've recently had to up my oestrogen as I was suffering BADLY with anxiety and paranoia, and tearfulness, I was like a stroppy toddler with a mean streak  :D anyhow I changed to the gel and I'm finding it has helped my moods greatly.
This and the Utrogestan I'm hoping has made me 'me' again.

I too would rather pluck my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon than post about my woes on Facebook, its ridiculous though isn't it, this taboo!!  >:( It's like we have to pretend everything for every woman is always fine!!!  >:(

And the feelings of either devastation or rage - yup, I get you totally!! Those were my reactions of choice, one or the other about 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, just wanted to say HI and you're not alone in this x

ruthae

Hi CLKD - thanks for the offer of a visit if I get caught  :scottie: - bring cake and file :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Hi Clovie - thanks, it is good to know it is the drugs not me!  I am tempted to ditch the Femoston and just go for the Oestrogel and Utrogestan, tell the GP to prescribe for me on Thursday...  I don't know why the Meno Clinic nurse didn't suggest that - what are the draw backs if any...  If I could get them on the phone I would ask...?  Then I am changing Dr surgery...

Sorry to hear your troubles Clovie, but glad that it is at least more controllable now - that gives me hope!
Take care
Rx 

ruthae

So the NHS Meno- clinic rang me back (5 days later...) the nurse advised sticking with Femoston until I get an appointment in a couple of weeks and then they can assist with dosage and control of the gel and Ustrogestan.  But I am sure even the Femoston is giving me side effects...  we discussed coming off HRT altogether to see what symptoms are natural and which drug induced and she said I could do that as long as I finish the progeston cycle of the Femostan (2 days to go)  So I'm going to do that see what happens..  and if I feel worse I can always start on Femostan again now I have it.  Seeing a Councellor is definitely helping.  I will update with results.

Ooh, also went to see NHS GP who claims she didn't get any of my messages, and would have prescribed F without a written note from Meno Clinic - arghhhhhhhh, now I don't know who is lying the receptionist or Dr - they are supposed to be investigating and reporting back but I have applied to change Surgery anyway.

Rx

ruthae

I had a good functioning return to work day yesterday but restless night and teary this morning.  I am trying day on day off...  Only manageable as I am on an estrogen only week.  Femostan pregesteron gave me bad reaction last week, I am trying half a tablet of estrogen rather than going off HRT altogether.

Also this morning I got a letter from the menopause clinic to say my '2-3 wks' referral is in May!... so will be going to new Dr on Monday with print out from here to get the gel and utrogestan...

It feels like such a long haul, but got to stick with it  :)

Mandz

How's things today?? Xx

ruthae

Action ally it has been a pretty good day. I would say probably best in along time, so thanks Mandz for your encouragement, I tried your feeling grateful technique and I think it helped as well as Councelling and swim yesterday.  Hope you are still feeling good 😃

Hugs Rx

Mandz

Awwww I'm just so glad I could help in some small way xxx

I think the technique is helping me .... Well it's not gonna do any harm xx

ruthae

a little kindness goes a very long way

Rx

babyjane

a little kindness goes a very long way

Rx

hello Mandz and ruthae, glad you are starting to feel a little better.  Your quote is so right.  Yesterday someone from this forum, who I keep in e mail contact with, offered to hold my hand through cyberspace.  Such a little sentence but it meant the world to me  :)

Mandz

It is, just knowing that someone is thinking of you and supporting you helps massively

I hope all went well for you babyjane, was it doc app? Xx

ruthae

Hooray, I love my new Dr... I nearly hugged her...

She agreed without question to give me the oestrogel and utogestan and was so sympathetic and understanding.  Popped prescription to the chemist and can pick it up tomorrow.

Fingers crossed this works as due to start on progesterone next week and can't bear thought of the Femostan again...

I have a rotten cold but even that isn't getting me down.  Note to self though don't get carried away...

😊😊😊
Pages: 1 [2] 3