Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Low oestrogen symptoms?  (Read 16866 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: Low oestrogen symptoms?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 10:09:16 AM »

Hi GRL

I think it's normal to think of the worst case scenario when you've suffered from anxiety. Whilst you're waiting for your appointment, you could try and heal your nervous system with meditation, good sleep...if possible, getting out in the sun....if possible!, eating regularly to keep your blood sugar levels even, taking a good quality Vit B & omega 3,6,9 supplement and drinking lots of water.

None of these are miracles but will all help with the getting over what you've been going through. Also wanted to give you some support. I know from personal experience that it's often not possible to see past it when your in it.

Take care.

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 09:24:35 PM »

Hi MaryG. I noticed it at the weekend, feeling my throat was dry and my voice sounded husky. My Mum rang and thought I had a cold. Have since done some research and this is a recognised symptom of menopause. I don't have the excess mucus or nasal drip you describe though?

My voice keeps cracking very slightly, especially if I haven't spoken for a little while and then try to sleep. And if I talk too long it's like my voice starts to give out.

I really think if I could just get a full night's sleep I would feel much better.

I found this discussion this morning and was really surprised. i have some of these symptoms (throat clearing, husky voice, tight feeling if i try to raise my voice) but have never connected them with menopause at all. I thought that they were thyroid related as i had a thyroidectomy 11 years ago. However I have become more aware of them in the last 18 months after my periods stopped. In Jan 2015 I was told that I had LPR (Laryngopharyngeal Reflux) but I am not convinced of this at all.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 06:18:19 PM »

For me it's my sinuses that really seem to dry out and my nose is either really runny or dry and throbbing.   I think this may be one of the reasons I keep getting headaches as well.  Oestrogen deficiency causes so many problems - in areas we wouldn't even consider. Finding the balance is the key - just enough oestrogen to keep things ticking over nicely but not too much that can bring side effects and increased risks.  Dg x
Pages: 1 [2]