Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bad night sweats  (Read 2382 times)

nigela

Bad night sweats
« on: February 24, 2016, 08:37:14 AM »

I had night sweats on and off a few years ago as now 7 years post meno. However now they are back but worse. All of body is very wet including hair even on a cold night. I seem to wake then its like a tap switched on. Is this normal? Never been on HRT. Worried because I have lymph nodes up in groin and can feel more bottom of abdomen. Not sure if it is because I'm thin as lost weight due to coeliac and dairy intolerant. Lots of IBS issues. Did have a colonoscopy 5 years ago. Recent ultrasound was clear apart from the enlarged lymph nodes. So now worrying about a link.
Nigela

Claireylou

Re: Bad night sweats
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 08:49:11 AM »

Hi Nigella.

The last time I had night sweats like you describe was about 4 years ago. I too used to wake totally drenched. Bedding had to be washed on a daily basis. Truly awful. Mine was from glandular fever. I had swollen lymph nodes in groin and random other places. This was a week before sore throat etc kicked in. It could be a simple infection. I'd pop to GP for a chat and maybe a blood test. I hope you feel better soon

blossom60

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:36:22 AM »

Yes, I would get it checked out.  Night sweats can be caused by all sorts of things.  You may have a virus or infection lurking somewhere.

nigela

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 11:47:22 AM »

Thanks. but I had blood tests and told normal. Ultrasound showed up swollen lymph nodes in groin and above. so quite worried now as my night sweats had eased of and were never this bad. Could the stress bring them on again and worse?

blossom60

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 12:49:36 PM »

Yes, during panic attacks they are quite common.