Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femseven Conti Patches - how to apply?  (Read 3915 times)

Suecee1958

Femseven Conti Patches - how to apply?
« on: February 23, 2016, 04:49:36 PM »

Have been sticking this patch on my buttocks but today it has fallen off!

The leaflet says it can also be applied to the hips - does the rate of absorption differ from the buttocks or the hips or is it the same?

Thanks  ;D

Hurdity

Re: Femseven Conti Patches - how to apply?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 05:09:25 PM »

Hi Suecee1958 - buttocks are part of the hips! Getting patches to stick is a bit of a knack. You will get various suggestions but you need to at least hold it down with your warm palm for ?2 mins ie so that it warms it up. Also don't put it anywhere that is likely to rub or where you have a waistband/knicker elastic etc. I use a much smaller patch and have only ever applied to buttocks - but I also periodically have a feel ( in the loo? :)) to check it's still there and to press down any loose edges  ::)

Good luck - Femseven have to stick for a week so it's best to get a good technique going!

Hurdity x

Suecee1958

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 05:17:54 PM »

Thanks Hurdity - am going to try the hips as I can't see what I'm doing when I stick it to my bum!!!

Suecee1958

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 05:28:48 PM »

Hi Suecee1958 - buttocks are part of the hips! Getting patches to stick is a bit of a knack. You will get various suggestions but you need to at least hold it down with your warm palm for ?2 mins ie so that it warms it up. Also don't put it anywhere that is likely to rub or where you have a waistband/knicker elastic etc. I use a much smaller patch and have only ever applied to buttocks - but I also periodically have a feel ( in the loo? :)) to check it's still there and to press down any loose edges  ::)

Good luck - Femseven have to stick for a week so it's best to get a good technique going!

Hurdity x

Some websites say you can stick hrt patches on your thigh which would be a lot easier!  What are your thoughts? x

Goosieloosie

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 09:26:30 PM »

Some websites say you can stick hrt patches on your thigh which would be a lot easier!  What are your thoughts? x

Hi There, I have used both Evorel & Femseven & applied both to the top of my thighs! The Femseven was harder to stay stuck & I had read on here that some ladies had used 'Tegaderm' bought online and that was brill for keeping it on if you apply it at the same time as a new patch so that the patch remains adhered to the skin (ie don't apply a couple of days later once the patch has began to curl or lift as you need it to be in close contact with your skin). The Tegaderm is a clear breathable like sticking plaster, slightly larger than the patch that goes over the top of it. Works perfectly, mine never budged the whole week! Hope that helps!

Trufflecat

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 09:30:14 PM »

I stuck an Evorel to my thigh, got dressed, decided to change my leggings, went to the loo at work.....no patch. Got home and it was still inside the first pair of leggings.

Suecee1958

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 10:21:55 PM »

I stuck an Evorel to my thigh, got dressed, decided to change my leggings, went to the loo at work.....no patch. Got home and it was still inside the first pair of leggings.
;D ;D ;D

Suecee1958

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 10:24:11 PM »

Hi There, I have used both Evorel & Femseven & applied both to the top of my thighs! The Femseven was harder to stay stuck & I had read on here that some ladies had used 'Tegaderm' bought online and that was brill for keeping it on if you apply it at the same time as a new patch so that the patch remains adhered to the skin (ie don't apply a couple of days later once the patch has began to curl or lift as you need it to be in close contact with your skin). The Tegaderm is a clear breathable like sticking plaster, slightly larger than the patch that goes over the top of it. Works perfectly, mine never budged the whole week! Hope that helps!

Thanks for letting me know - I think either the thigh or hip will be easier as I can see what I am doing!