Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Yet another question  (Read 3675 times)

Trufflecat

Yet another question
« on: February 23, 2016, 08:41:29 AM »

I am about a week into being off Utrogestan prior to taking it for 12 days, another 11 days to go. I feel really awful emotionally. Just like bad pmt but my period has just finished. I have a 50mg patch of Evorel oestrogen in place. I am perimenopausal so would I be better with 25mg since I am still producing my own oestrogen to some degree? (I have never had hot flushes)
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Yet another question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:46:05 PM »

:bighug:

Briony

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 06:12:09 PM »

That's just as I was on that exact regime. I was fine taking Utro, but the dip afterwards was hideous. Taking 100mg for 25 days was much better in terms of mood. x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 06:17:58 PM »

Hi Trufflecat

Sorry to hear about this. If you are peri-menopausal it's difficult to say what is causing what but one thing is pretty universal - oestrogen should not make you feel awful emotionally! Most women feel at their best during the mid point of a normal menstrual cycle during their fertile years which is when oestrogen is at its highest - the awful emotional feelings normally come during the second part - due either to the progesterone ( if you are very intolerant) or the oestrogen dip. However replacing oestrogen with HRT only approximates your own hormonal mix. Have you felt good at any point during the cycle? Do keep a record if you can so that you might be able to see a pattern. I do hope you feel better soon.

Hurdity x

Trufflecat

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 09:01:57 PM »

Hi
Thanks all and thanks for the hug.
I am perimenopausal.
Hurdity I was on Evorel for oestrogen plus Utrogestan 100 for 25 days. I have done that for four months because my doc didn't realise that that progesterone regeime is really for someone post menopausal (I think) and I didn't bleed at all for the first two months, then had a normal period on day 13 of the second two. I have felt irritable from time to time on that, but nothing like the pmt I was suffering from before I started on HRT.
I wondered if I had too much oestrogen as my boobs are uncomfortable plus a bit of nausea. I don't know what to think!

Lizab

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 09:44:27 PM »

Trufflecat, this is where I am now. As you saw from my other post, I'm an emotional mess too. I am one week off the Utro, but I take 200 for 10 days, and I can't wait to get back on it. I'm charting my moods, noting each day as overall good, bad (weepy or lazy), or anxious, even though I may have all of them in one day. I'm also noting hot flashes. During the Utro course, I get a nice stretch of normal, then get major hot flashes when I stop the utro. My moods are up and down every day on the estrogen only days. I can't figure it out. I don't think it's the withdrawal from utro that some have posted about, as I'm moody right up until I'm a few days into Utro again.  When I cycled normally without hrt, my best days were always just before my period and midcycle was my worst time.

Trufflecat

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 08:32:48 AM »

It's a bloody minefield isn't it? And as soon as you think you are getting somewhere your body alters something and it's back to square one. I do indeed keep a diary, it looks like the ravings of a mad woman. I feel less mental today, but I am always anxious, always have been, even as a child. Unlike you the week before my period was awful. Strange that you get flushes when the utero stops? Good luck x