Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 4118 times)

Suecee1958

HRT
« on: February 22, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »

Hi can anyone give me an idea of how long HRT takes to work? Have been taking it for 3 weeks and have noticed some changes but still don't feel really great - had a few good days last week but the last two days have been yuk  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 04:49:34 PM »

:welcomemm:  HRT is a bit Trial and Error and depends on where you are along the journey.  Do you still have periods.  Do you keep a mood/food diary?  It can take the body a while to uptake the HRT and it may need a hike in dosage amounts?

Suecee1958

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »

I don't have periods and haven't for a few years - as I said have only been on HRT for 3 weeks so really hoping things get better

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 06:25:25 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Suecee1958
What HRT are you using? Do tell us more about yourself and why you started HRT?  Dg

Catspelle

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 07:00:43 PM »

Hi
I have been on HRT now for 7 weeks. I am taking Zumenon. Nothing happened at all on the dose of 1mg for 3 weeks then the dose was upped to 2 mg. Doc wanted me to have 4 weeks on this dose before review. That time is now up. I'm not getting on well with Zumenon. I am still having hot flushes the nausea is the worst. I'm also alternating between constipation & diorrhea. Strangely I also get mouth ulcers which whilst not traditionally a side effect of HRT are common in women with low oestrogen levels. I'm speaking to my GP this week and I'm going back to my gut instinct which is to try a patch. You need a good 4 weeks to tell any effect.

Suecee1958

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 09:14:32 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Suecee1958
What HRT are you using? Do tell us more about yourself and why you started HRT?  Dg

Hi I am using Femseven Conti patches.  Have had menopausal symptoms for quite a few years - hot flushes, anxiety (which has been awful) and always said I wouldn't take HRT but couldn't take it any more - had no quality of life so decided to take the plunge

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 10:59:15 PM »

Suecee1958
The patches can be very effective and many women love them.  It is early days yet - it can take up to 3 months for the hormones to work their magic especially as you have been oestrogen deficient for so long.  Do expect sore breasts, strange tingling around your lady bits and possibly the odd headache as your body welcomes and adjusts to the hormones - my gynae describes these side effects as the body "waking up" and this will settle in 3-6 months.  BE patient.  DG X

Suecee1958

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 09:36:30 AM »

Thank you for putting my mind at ease!

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 05:31:52 PM »

Hi Suecee1958

I answered your other thread but just wanted to say  :welcomemm: !

As you will have seen - I'm a patch gal and have been for 9 years :)

Hurdity x