Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Type of HRT decision help  (Read 5912 times)

c12345

Re: Type of HRT decision help
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 05:31:09 PM »

Hi,

I just thought I'd add my two pennies' worth! I'm on Evorel patches and the Mirena coil, and now that it has settled down I think it is a good combo. It wasn't an easy start though, so I think you need to know that it might be a case of giving it ~3 months. I didn't have problems having the coil fitted (slight bleeding for a day) and I started the patches a week later. I started bleeding a couple of days after that, having not bled for years, and that continued for 5 weeks. So it wasn't pleasant, but I haven't had problems since then and I feel so much better for being on HRT. So I'd say go for it and see how you get on, but be willing to allow yourself time to adjust :)

chris65

• First Flush
Re: Type of HRT decision help
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 02:42:56 PM »

I'm at a loss now as to what to do!  The Doctors receptionist got back to me this morning to say the dr had said that as I've collected the prescription and I'm due to go back to see her in 6weeks to give the 2mg a try!!  I also checked what the discontinued prescription was as I handed it back into the drs and after reading the post from Hurdity it added more confusion.  The prescription was Climagest 1mg tablets so my last post was incorrect, I had remembered the name wrong lol.  But now I don't know whether to take the Elleste 2mg or make yet  another appointment to see the dr next week!?!  If the receptionist had just said the Dr had said to take the Elleste I'd have been ok doing this but because she said 'as you've collected the prescription...' its made me think if I hadn't it would have been changed again!
I cant find anything on the internet to tell me what happens if I take the 2mg and its too high - anybody any ideas?  my IBS wasn't really a big issue as I have got used to this so I'm still willing to give tablets a 2nd try as they are the most convenient for me but I don't want to take the wrong dose and make things worse than they should be and like Hurdity says why change to Elleste 2mg and not just raise the Femoston to 2mg?  I'm so confused and I know I sound pathetic but I'm fed up of feeling crap and work is now fed up of me taking time off for either drs appointments or me feeling crap as I cant really explain what the problem is except, I'm tired, fed up, angry, weepy and generally feel crap, all of which I feel, although my boss is a woman and quite understanding theres only so many times any boss can be sympathetic when your work is not getting done.
Pages: 1 [2]