Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel and bloating  (Read 9069 times)

c12345

Evorel and bloating
« on: February 23, 2016, 12:30:18 PM »

This has been bugging me for a while! I'm on Evorel 50 patches and have noticed that if I stick them on the left hand side of my body I get bloated, but if they're on the right side of my body I don't. I was switching sides each time I changed the patch, but have now stopped switching and just have them on my right side and the bloating has gone! I know it's a really weird observation, so I just thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone has experienced the same or can explain it at all?

limpy

Re: Evorel and bloating
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »

Hi - c12345

Welcome to MM  :welcomemm:

You say are just using your right side, are you alternating between front and back?
It would be as well to not "overuse" sites in case it causes irritation and sensitivity.

c12345

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 01:20:12 PM »

Hi Limpy,

Thanks for your hello :)

I'm just putting them on my right front/side now. I don't put them in exactly in the same place each time and haven't really had problems with skin irritation yet...it's a bit red when I take it off but goes back to normal pretty quickly. Are you supposed to alternate between front and back?

limpy

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 01:38:34 PM »

To quote my GP - alternate between side to side and front to back.
A lot of ladies on here favour the buttocks.
I find it easier to use lower abdomen at the front.
Being able to see makes it so much easier  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 05:29:55 PM »

Hi c12345

:welcomemm: from me too

I only ever put my patches on my butt cheeks and alternate between them using a mirror! When I have to go back to the first cheek I try to find a new spot but only because the marks are still there from the previous one (I don't scrub them off because I have sensitive skin and don't want to set up a reaction to the patch). This might be more difficult for the larger patches like Evorel hence presumably Limpy's doc's recommendation to alternate?

The instructions only say where to apply the patch (eg for Evorel - to the trunk below the waist), and when you change it to put the next one in a different place. You can put it anywhere within these stipulations so you don't need to alternate front and back.

Also they may well absorb slightly differently front and back so I try to keep consistency myself. Maybe your skin is thinner on your left side so you are absorbing more giving you more side effects?

Hurdity x

limpy

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 06:48:56 PM »

It's interesting, different things suit different people, I prefer the patch on the front. Somehow, it seems to be more effective for me.

Had a few thoughts re getting the patch off:- After removing the old patch cover the sticky mark (black around the edges :-*) with baby oil, leave for a few minutes, wipe gently with cotton wool to get grime off, shower, then apply new patch when dry and cooler.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »

wipe gently with cotton wool to get grime off,

...speak for yourself Limpy  ::) - no grime on my butt where I put my patch! The dark marks are just textile fluff from black nix and dark jeans. However thanks for the suggestions re baby oil which I may well try ..... when I can be "arsed"  ;D

Hurdity x

limpy

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 03:17:38 PM »

Hmm - I used the word "grime" as that is what it looks like to me first thing in the morning.
I'm not too keen on the look myself    ;D
The interesting thing is I'm still getting the marks even with white undies........

Sooby

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 11:29:14 AM »

My Evorel pack suggested the buttock or the the thigh. I opted for the buttock and use the wipe that came with my waxing strips to remove the adhesive.

Re the bloating - as the colon goes from right to left  ( I seem to recall from aromatherapy sessions ) then there could be some logic in your observations.   :-\