Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bladder  (Read 3876 times)

zelda

Bladder
« on: February 19, 2016, 11:15:01 AM »

I am getting up to go to the loo at least 6 times a night at the moment and its causing very disturbed sleep, does anything help with this problem?

Ju Ju

Re: Bladder
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 01:57:04 PM »

Are you thirsty all the time?

Trufflecat

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 06:17:30 PM »

In addition to the thirstiness question, are you drinking fizzy or caffeinated drinks?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 06:22:42 PM »

Are you the same during the day or only at night?

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 07:02:33 PM »

Maybe you are lacking the hormone that supposedly lessens urine production in the night?  A trip to your GP perhaps?

zelda

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 10:33:18 AM »

No, not thirsty at all. Pretty much the same during the day. I think its a nervous thing as sometimes when I go its a "just in case scenario"

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 11:17:36 AM »

Vaginal atrophy can cause the feeling of needing to wee as the urethra can become dry and irritated.  Could this be the problem?

zelda

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 01:25:44 PM »

No its not that for sure. I think its that I have got into the very bad habit of running to the loo at the slightest feeling of maybe wanting to go and caused the issue myself. I think I need to retrain my bladder in trying to hold on for a while and not got until I am desperate. I just wondered if anyone knew if there were any over the counter products that can help?

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 10:53:09 AM »

I'm not sure if you've seen this info on overactive bladder syndrome http://patient.info/health/overactive-bladder-syndrome.  I would suggest that you ask your GP to refer you to a continence clinic - there should be one in your local hospital - where you will find out exactly what the problem is and be given help to retrain your bladder. It sounds embarrassing but it's well worth it and the pelvic floor nurses who carry out this sort of treatment are, in my experience, fantastic at putting you at ease.

Taz x