Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hrt advice  (Read 2565 times)

Janice68

Hrt advice
« on: February 21, 2016, 01:23:06 PM »

Hi,

I'm on 2mg of climaval tablet form, does anybody know  what the difference between oestradial valerate and estradiol hemihydrate is?  Would the latter one be better?

The climaval is giving me upset tummy and a few other problems I can only now try the oral route now.

Thanks janx

Dancinggirl

Re: Hrt advice
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 02:14:28 PM »

Why can't you do gel or patch? DG x

Janice68

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 03:52:13 PM »

Hi DG,
I didn't absorb gel was taken off that. I have tried patches even halved that no luck there with side effects. Have tried oral route before with no luck. So gyne who hasl been brilliant and understanding said the best absorption for me now and the only way to try and override my system is tablet form and if I can increase dose but hard due to side effects basically I had to try oral route again.  Janx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 04:02:54 PM »

I have to say I am baffled as to why the gel didn't absorb - it's usually the most efficient way to get the oestrogen!!!! Did you try to apply 2-3 pumps on clean dry skin on the inner thighs and leave it to dry for at least 10mins before dressing? Also it can be good to do some in the morning and some before bed to really get the best absorption if using more that 2 pumps per day.  With the pills you need to have a much higher dose to be effective I think.
What a mystery!!!  Do you take the pills with food? DG x

Janice68

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »

DG, don't forget we are all different, gel didn't override my system at all and I suffered for it. I only started climaval on Wednesday and starting on 2mg I'm hoping to get the body used to it if I can through side effects that is! and you are right about being higher on pills if I can he said up to 4mg because absorbtion rate and my system is hard to crack so if I can I will be upping the dose. My gyne likes challenges thank God and it certainly is ..this body is hard work and painful. I take pill half way through breakie. Thanks DG

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 06:29:28 PM »

Maybe try taking the pill with dinner - a bigger meal so maybe less likely to upset your stomach? Dg x