Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello from Babypink  (Read 4084 times)

babypink2807

Hello from Babypink
« on: March 29, 2016, 03:18:13 PM »

Hi Ladies

First of all apologies for not being in touch I have been in a bit of a bubble for the last five months. 

I had my last Chemotherapy last week and relieved that bit is over, and will be starting Radiotherapy in mid April.  Its been seriously hard, I wont lie.  Side effects some days have been just awful, in and out of hospital like nobody's business.  I managed the cold cap for three sessions (3 weekly) then was switched to weekly sessions for 9 weeks and just could not cope with it, so now am bald as a babies bottom.  That was the most difficult thing for me to cope with, I was all over the place.  I got two lovely wigs, and try as I might to wear them and they do look stunning, I was in bits with them.  I just could not deal with them.  So reverted to a scarf and bobble hats.

I have had a list of Side Effects as long as my arm, and days where they were the darkest and wondered when it will all end.  Now its arrived, I have three weeks of daily radiotherapy and then onto tablets

I passed my motorcycle test, dont ask me how, I bought myself a motorbike (clearly a side effect) and on the rare occasion I  had a good day I took a trip out on her.

I persuaded myself to take time off work last four weeks and basically, slept, ate, watched TV, vegitated and piled on weight.  No more steroids, so back to good eating again, and waiting in anticipation at the sight of hair growth

I am back at work tomorrow, no one knows at work apart from my two bosses.  Thats going to be difficult as clearly I look totally different.  I have been practicing with makeup (not very good) and taken the plunge to have my eyebrows 3D HD Tattoed, in July.  In the meantime I am drawing them on, and believe you me I am no Tony Hart

So today I am having anice bath, getting my clothes ready for tomorrow, appointment in Radiotherapy for my planning, then off to work.

Kathleen

Re: Hello from Babypink
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »

Hello Blossom22 also known as Babypink!

How lovely to hear from you and so pleased that you are on the home stretch regarding your treatment.

Thank you so much for the update and I hope tomorrow goes well for you.

Take care and let us know how things go.

K.

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 05:26:56 PM »

Hi there, Blossom!

I was wondering how you were. Lovely to hear from you and that you can see the end of the tunnel. Congratulations on passing your motorcycle test! Wow! Enjoy your bike! Braver than me. I thought sitting on the back of DH's was brave! I hope work goes well and that you get the support you need. Let us know how you get on. Ju Ju xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 05:56:36 PM »

Now I'm completely confused  :-\ is this one and the same or is it a message sent via another Member  :sigh:

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 07:32:22 PM »

Blossom22 used to be called Babypink I would think.

Taz x

babypink2807

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 09:53:21 AM »

That's correct I can't remember why but had to change my name

Thank you for your lovely posts

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 10:19:37 AM »

Hello CLKD.

Sharp as a tack I see! Lol.

K.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 10:22:24 AM »

Was wondering how you were doing x

I have a close friend who was diagnosed with lung cancer 5 montsh ago ( none smoker) and she has just finished her last chemo as well. Her chemo has not made her lose her hair but the side effects were truly horrendous for her.  She also had most of one lung removed as well.  Like you she is now on the home straight with last chemo behind her.  If she is not clear of cancer then its onto tablets for her.

Thinking of you and sending vibes that all goes well.

LindyLouLou

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 02:05:10 PM »

Lovely to hear from you Blossom, I have thought of you often and worried when there were no updates!  I hope you find the radiotherapy much easier to cope with -  I did.  Well done on the motorbike test! Very impressive and hope today has gone well.
Linda xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 03:45:48 PM »

I'm so sharp I'd cut myself  ::)

I had no problems with radiation therapy - the biggest worry was having a panic attack which would mean that I was unable to attend but adrenaline carried me through.  It was after all the treatment had finished and I had been discharged that I hit a low patch.  I had my treatments at noon every week day for 4 weeks apart from the day that the machine broke down  ::) - I took my own tapes (remember those  ;D) to listen to whilst having the treatment.  I have 3 small tattoos appropriate to where the laser beam was aimed in order to get the correct dosage in the correct place. 

Let us know how you get on!

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 04:54:50 PM »

That's correct I can't remember why but had to change my name

Thank you for your lovely posts

Good to see you back Blossom22. You changed your name as your ex partner was harrassing you and giving you a really difficult time as I recall? I hope that all of that is now resolved and you can get on with your life unhindered!

Taz

Cazikins

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 10:40:23 PM »

Oh Crikey, I am well confused now - haven't we also got a Blossom 60?  ??? ???

Dyan

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 04:38:35 PM »

Well done &  :congrats: Blossom22.