Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 4873 times)

Smokey

Nausea
« on: February 18, 2016, 06:27:25 PM »

Just wondered how many people have experienced this in their Menlo journey and whether you were on Hrt at the time or going it alone so to speak.

I have this on and off last few months but it could also be down to Gallstones.

Thanks

Ann x

Mary G

Re: Nausea
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 07:18:52 PM »

Yes, I had lots of indigestion which felt like gallbladder problems when I took oral HRT.  Since changing to a transdermal route, it is gone.  I do think there is a link between low oestrogen and digestive problems though.  I am in no doubt that my constipation/digestion problems disappeared with more oestrogen.

Hope that helps.

Lizab

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 07:24:13 PM »

Not exactly in my official peri-meno years, but I think there are hormonal links. One of my problems with Mirena was daily morning sickness like nausea. Then later, morning sickness type nausea became cyclical for me, though now I can't remember when it would hit during my cycle. I spent many days gagging half the day, though never really being sick.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 08:07:51 PM »

Had morning sickness style nausea while on Femoston. Sort of feeling sicky but hungry at the same time? Also a touch if diarrhoea most days.

Don't get any of these symptoms if using patches.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 08:43:51 PM »

Nausea is a common temporary side effect of increased oestrogen so many women get it when they first start HRT or increase the dose - but if it's due to this it will generally subside.

Hurdity x

Meg

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 01:57:08 AM »

Have had lots of morning nausea feelings, quite horrible.  Like pregnancy sickness.  Am sure it is obviously an imbalance of hormones.  All of these symptoms can really take a toll on women making it very difficult to work and so hammering them financially.  Prior to meno, I feel that I was a strong, fit and healthy woman.

Meg

Sooby

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 06:41:32 AM »

Yeah, ::)

really bad acid reflux particularly when I lay down in bed. Half a glass of milk works a treat though?

I have tried avoiding bread ( only ate spelt bread anyhow) but I think mine seems better on the hrt oestrogen and has kicked in again on the prog half of these meds. The nausea has only stated since on the prog half of the pack too with retching and throwing up if I have to bend over to much. Interested in your comments about the patches though so I will post another thread.

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 09:38:19 AM »

Hello Smokey.

Yep, me too. I've had some nausea with and without HRT plus my appetite changes a lot these days.  It seems that the menopause brings all sorts of digestive problems. Oh to be a man!

Wishing you well. 

K.

Lynda07

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 06:00:13 PM »

I was at the Dr's only today trying to explain my nausea. It's like dreadful hunger pang sickness, even if I have eaten. Sometimes it comes over me so badly I can not even speak. I am not on HRT.

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 06:22:59 PM »

Just wondered how many people have experienced this in their Menlo journey and whether you were on Hrt at the time or going it alone so to speak.

I have this on and off last few months but it could also be down to Gallstones.

Thanks

Ann x

I got slight nausea in the mornings in the earlier stages of peri menopause. It wore off during the day. I haven't had it since my periods stopped (2 years ago). I haven't had any HRT.

Catspelle

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 07:02:25 PM »

I'm on 2 mg Zumenon and get terrible nausea. It's awful I get at least one bad day a week which knocks me out for the day. I'm reviewing my HRT with GP as if this is a side effect it should have subsided by now.

Smokey

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »

Thankyou everyone for your input it does really help that your not going through these symptoms alone.

I'm also getting weirded feelings on waking in mornings recently too, sort of panicky and but not every morning I initially feel ok then whilst lying in bed these strange feelings occur maybe it's adrenaline I do deep breathing for a while until they disappear and then when I sit up in bed the nausea starts.

Roll on Dr appt next week to discuss increase in Hrt as I feel most of my problems are hormone related. Before I first went on it 5 years ago I had a really bad time anxious and scared of everything and spent a period of time not wanting to go out of house as I was having such weirded feelings that at the time I didn't understand together with panic attacks and doom and gloom feelings, I really don't want to get back into that situation again.

I've been feeling ill since October last year and just want some sort of life back again I week before my period and during my ms symptoms are much worse too and I'm hoping having the mirena coil fitted may reduce the amount of period pains I get and maybe they will stop too(that would be a bonus)

I'm also feeling low some days which isn't surprising really but it's now 7 weeks since stopping Ads so I'm getting there slowly I'm hoping by 12 weeks maybe my extreme dry eyes will go as this is listed as side effect of being on them.

Ann x