Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling disappointed  (Read 7743 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Feeling disappointed
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 10:46:46 AM »

My best advice, Kate50, would be to continue with Oestrogel but just use one pump in the morning for a couple of weeks and then increase to 2 pumps - dividing the two doses between boring and bedtime so you get an even dose.  The headaches could well be the fluctuation in oestrogen levels so you need to have that stable.  The palpitations will probably settle so you do need to persevere - I know they are annoying but they are not dangerous and you need to try some Mindful Meditiation to help control the anxiety you get when these palpitation happen.  Now I'm off HRT my palpitations have returned and particularly at night when I've got up to pee - I lie very still and take steady even breaths and concentrate on something lovely and they then pass more quickly.   If you keep chopping an changing doses etc. you will never find a balance. You could try leaving out the testosterone as this is not vital at this stage - add it back in after a few weeks when you are feeling more settled.
Re the VA: do try some vaginal moisturiser - even Sylk can make things more comfortable.
At this stage you really need to hold fast and stick to a regime or you won't know what works and what doesn't.  It will take a few weeks for the oestrogen to do it's magic for the VA - I alway think applying the gel to the inner thighs helps to get it where it is needed but don't start applying it to your gentials!!!!.  Strangely I found the Utro taken orally helped my VA as well!!!! DG x

Kate50

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 03:14:35 PM »

Hi the palpitations wore off so will take it steady. Already stopped testosterone cos wanted to see what was causing palpitations.  I use aconite to quash palpitations it works really well.  I use vagifem but had got to the stage of not having to use it so will have to start again. On the times I took progesterone I noticed it helped VA

vickypk

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 03:36:45 PM »

Hi Maryjane  - Yes the VA has completely gone now.  I used vagifem, estrogen creams for years and none of them made any difference.  I always had bad burning pain every day and blood in the urine.  The HRT patches took all that away.

Hi Kate50  - Glad you are a bit better.  Yes that's right I use the patches.   I have said a few times I tried so hard to use Prof Studd's recommended regime.  Especially after all that money I spent on it!  I have still got a few tubes oft the testosterone gel I use sometimes.

Best wishes
Vickypk x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 03:59:14 PM »

I have just started a thread about using Utrogestan as I thought it would be beneficial to share everyones experiences with it.  It does seem to bring different issues and isn't always the best option!!! DG xxx

Niamh

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2016, 06:38:03 PM »

Hi Kate
I too see Prof studd and it's not been plain sailing! I see him for slightly different reasons to you, I'm 41 and had crippling pmt including horrific sleep problems so i understand that one! I had PND and im prog intolerant. I saw him in oct and my best advice is give it time, 2 weeks is so early I called him after 2 weeks as my sleep was awful and he just said stick with it. I felt disappointed too but did carry on and it passed. He can be tricky but he can also be excellent. I'm now on 2 pumps the 3 was too much for me, I use utro 7 days vaginally and I can just about bear it and the testim which ive just reduced only as its given me some acne on my back! He's tweaked things a few times some times been helpful other times not! Ive learnt its trial and error but also that for me personally his regime is the best. I considered changing consultant but I think they give me the same thing. I do wish he was more approachable at times but I do also trust his view and advice. I wish you all the best it's not an easy road x

Niamh

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2016, 06:48:29 PM »

Btw I got palpitations on 3 pumps but fine on 2 x

Kate50

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2016, 07:27:55 PM »

Niamah
Thanks for your reply it's made me feel more hopeful. I'm gonna stick with one and see if I can increase to two when palpitations settle down.  Tried testosterone today its fine. I think I spike when it goes in so hope this will settle. I feel ok today.  God I miss decent sleep though and wearing jeans!  Achy as well but have just traded a back massage for a hand job later with the DH lol!  :boobs:
Pages: 1 [2]