Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Do you dress up?  (Read 16309 times)

getting_old

Re: Do you dress up?
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 12:15:01 AM »

These days there are times when I probably get mistaken for a bag lady, however I have a wardrobe full of smart stuff that I used to wear for work, and will need to start wearing again soon. I currently spend my days in walking the dog stuff (baggy trousers, fleece) because it doesn't seem worth wearing smart stuff when I don't have anywhere to go. If we go out for dinner then I dig something nice out, and add the odd bit of make up but I was never shown how to put make up on so I'm not sure I do a good job.
I definitely prefer the casual look, probably because my mother always insisted on dressing up and I've always tried to be the opposite of her.

Kate50

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 03:57:44 AM »

I get the dog walking stuff I put mine on in a morning and other than swapping my muddy trousers when I get back it's too comfy to change.  I often wear no bra cant seem to stand them nowadays. I have to remind myself that my dog walking clothes need washing occasionally!  I think I put more make up now than I use to mainly to make me look alive!  I seem to use a lot of under eye concealer. The VA days are the problematic clothes days! Always get dressed up for going out out though all my clothes from years ago fit me still and I get the heated curlers out cos my hairs long and ruly.  Oh but how I wish my skin still belonged to as 20yr old :(

clio

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2016, 05:48:32 AM »

For work I put a little bit on, if im at home i dont even tend to have a wash till the afternoon or can be bothered, if im just going to the supermarket and back I dont bother but if we are going to pictures, meal out, day out etc I put nice clothes on and makeup. I love no makeup and pj days so comfy.  Clio

Ju Ju

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 07:45:04 AM »

Friends comment I look very pale and tired, when I'm fine.

What sort of colours do you wear, Ju Ju?   If you get your colours absolutely right, they bring a glow to the face, with or without makeup.   Also, our best colours lighten as we get older.    :)

I look good in bright warm, Spring colours. Cool colours and black are draining. If I wear them I look ill. I do have very pale skin, as does my Mum. Both of us have fended off blood tests for anaemia before now! I still have blonde hair at 60+. DH is good on colour and is honest if colours do not suit me.

Dulciana

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 12:22:25 PM »

Just been to local dressmakers, to order a velvet blazer (birthday pressie from Hubby!).  I've wanted one of these for a long time.  Think I'll go for a sort-of muted lilac.  Need to go and get the fabric now.......... :)

This thread is so therapeutic, don't you think?   It's a little bit of "me" time for us all and don't we all need that?  Who else can we talk clothes with these days?  Our OH's?  Our offspring?  It's a bit like sharing a magazine - with friends!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:37:56 PM by Dulciana »

babyjane

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 05:25:39 PM »

It has a very relaxed feel to it and makes me feel I know people a bit better.  Coffee and cake anyone?  :cupcake:

Dorothy

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2016, 06:55:07 PM »

Coffee and cake anyone?  :cupcake:

As long as I don't have to dress up for it  ;D

babyjane

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2016, 07:00:33 PM »

:rofl: :veil:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2016, 07:04:25 PM »

We have a 'pets' thread somewhere …… or add to my chicken thread of a couple of years ago?

What's a bra ………….  ;)

Galadriel

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 07:21:47 PM »

I've worn skirts all week so far and I love it  :)

So here's a different clothes question.

Does anyone else change into pjs once they get home after work? As soon I get home and finish any jobs to be done, I'm out of my work stuff and into my pjs or onesie like greased lightening. It helps me relax.

Galadriel x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2016, 07:25:42 PM »

Nope.  Like Dorothy, I shed my working clobber if I'm going somewhere that requires no mud, feathers or hair  ;D.  Sitting here in older jeans, slippers, warm socks, 2 jumpers - I un-dress as I get into my evening bath then into a warm towel and bed.  That's why I liked having a TV in the bedroom, I could relax and catch up on programmes without needed to don a dressing gown.

Dorothy

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2016, 07:32:56 PM »

If we ever had a 'real life' MM meetup, we would have to have two entrances, labelled 'scruffy' and 'posh'!

Kate50

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2016, 07:34:45 PM »

Yeah we all got lounge suits /pj's in our house that we put on when we come in.  Sorry to say my daughter who travels the world with her job looks like a bag lady when she's at home and regularly goes to supermarket in her pj's.  She comes to our house in her work suit and takes her bra off and puts it in her bag

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2016, 07:40:32 PM »

Slippers anyone  -  I have in the past forgotten to change until I'm in the car to drive to the shops  :D

ariadne

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2016, 08:20:53 PM »

I change out of smart clothes as soon as I get in from work or from going out somewhere special. Trackie bottoms and a jumper ;D.  I just can't get on with anything if I'm all dressed up !

Ariadne xx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5