Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Please please help me  (Read 93516 times)

Mandz

Re: Please please help me
« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2016, 05:49:23 PM »

Hi all

Well today has been something else....

Went to physiatrist and he just said so tell me ..... So I babbled on for a while then he said ....now the real you, I started crying, and he said that's what I need, so I told him I am back to work after Easter, he said he wasn't sure about that, but he is doubling the scitraloprm and said that that will give me a bigger lift and on condition it was a phased return then I could try but if it wasn't to be then I had to stop before it escalated ......

I went from there straight to my work......so it was lunchtime and I sat with the girls and we just generally chatted then I went to see some of the kids I work with and I got loads of hugs and it just felt right and good!

I feel soooo relieved and over-whelmed by their responses towards me....it's given me such a boost

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2016, 06:04:42 PM »

Any ins and outs that were whizzing round your head are now more settled! you have had a good response from both colleagues and kids and they have looked at you and can see that you are still 'you'.  What's your next step?

Mandz

« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2016, 07:38:21 PM »

CLKD I'm going to chill down tomorrow coz I'm absolutely shattered now

I think phased return is probably the way forward though xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2016, 07:42:29 PM »

I used to feel shattered after high levels of anxiety.

Do you get to talk with your colleagues after Easter about phased return?

Mandz

« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2016, 08:22:45 PM »

Yes .... My line- manager is being very supportive and says she will go along with whatever I want to do xx

Mandz

« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2016, 08:24:13 PM »

Hey sparkle

Thank u so much .....any joy with lavender? Xx

Mandz

« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2016, 09:09:07 PM »

Sparkle .....rub some Vicks on souls of your feet then put on socks as you go to bed....and if you've a head cold, cut a onion and put it beside your bed....

Seriously xx

:bighug:  love m xx

Mandz

« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2016, 10:47:41 PM »

Well stinking of onions n Vicks .....he won't want hanky panky  :safe:

Lol..... Maybe try one a night

Wishing you a restful night sparkle xx

Babsm67

« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2016, 07:54:57 AM »

Hi, I have just read your posts from yesterday - well done you!  I'm pleased to hear that your line manager is being supportive & that a phased return has been suggested - that makes a huge difference when you are anxious about returning to work.  Have a lovely, relaxing day xxx

Justjules

« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2016, 12:57:26 PM »

Hi all

Well today has been something else....

Went to physiatrist and he just said so tell me ..... So I babbled on for a while then he said ....now the real you, I started crying, and he said that's what I need, so I told him I am back to work after Easter, he said he wasn't sure about that, but he is doubling the scitraloprm and said that that will give me a bigger lift and on condition it was a phased return then I could try but if it wasn't to be then I had to stop before it escalated ......

I went from there straight to my work......so it was lunchtime and I sat with the girls and we just generally chatted then I went to see some of the kids I work with and I got loads of hugs and it just felt right and good!

I feel soooo relieved and over-whelmed by their responses towards me....it's given me such a boost

Oh Mandz, he sounds like a fab guy - not what you always expect from a psychiatrist, well not me anyway.  Doesn't it make such a difference to get to see someone that you know is totally on your side and fully understands?

Well done you - you did a huge thing by going by yourself and then going into work.  I think I need a phased return - maybe in a couple of years time ha ha  ;D :rofl: xxxx

coldethyl

« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2016, 01:09:34 PM »

Phased return sounds a great idea. The less external pressures on you the better, I reckon. Good that your psychiatrist sounds clued up and supportive. X

Mandz

« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2016, 04:16:48 PM »

Well after my big day yesterday a bit emotional the day- probably increase in meds haven't helped....and I think I forgot my gel last night!!!

But it's def made me think phased return is def what I should do, because I might burn myself out I reckon xx

That made me smile just joules xxx

Physiatrist really doesn't dance round the houses- he's too the point and he just has a mannerism that you feel you can trust

Mandz

« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2016, 06:56:52 PM »

Feeling a bit stronger yesterday n today

Went out for lunch with three friends ....two of them live an hours drive from two of us....so we met half way....and I drove!!!

Feel a bit shattered now ....but a friend of mine said there is a good film on tonight "heat" suppose to be funny....so I'll watch that and chillax

Happy Easter all xxx

babyjane

« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2016, 07:09:32 PM »

Good to hear you sounding a bit better Mandz x

Mandz

« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2016, 07:29:05 PM »

Thank you baby Jane ....trying my hardest to stay positive xxxx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27