Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: doluxatine  (Read 6289 times)

daisie

Re: doluxatine
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 04:19:24 PM »

hi mis71mum...iv just been given duloxatine for anxiety and depression  this is my third day on it i hope this one will lift my mood and anxiety x daisie

walking the dog

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »

yes I just dropped overnight from 90 to 60 I had no problems but I have tried before to lower from sixty and had to retake sixty as felt so physically ill. I take it for anxiety and depression too but its not done a lot.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 07:53:19 PM »

Hi Daisie

What dosage are you on? I started off by taking mine at night time and it made me sleep really well. Say about 6 pm I took it.  I've managed to go back to work after being off for 4 months due to anxiety and depression. It's enabled me to tackle my anxiety issues with CBT too so if you can request that from you GP that may help.

I'm only on a low dose at 20 mg and can definitely feel it calming me down.

Walking The Dog - good luck with the withdrawal and hope it goes well.  How long have you been on them?

daisie

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 08:13:27 AM »

hi mis71mum..iv been started on 30mg for 2 weeks then 60mg after that .i have to take it in the morning.. it seems funny taking it at that time if it makes me sleepy think ill try night time  it seems to be suiting you i hope i have the same out come with it ..im weening off amitrityline while on the duloxitine as well x daisie

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 12:18:24 PM »

Well good luck Daisie.

I think if you take it at night too you sleep through the side effects! Also you can always change it later on when you get used to it.

daisie

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »

i will try night time thanks mis71mum x daisie

walking the dog

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 04:41:05 PM »

been on duloxetine four years .

daisie

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 09:44:20 AM »

hi walking the dog ..how have you been on duloxatine ..do you take them in the morning or night x daisie

Briony

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 07:32:56 PM »

I'm one of the ones Babyjane was referring to in her post. I had a nightmare coming off Duloxetine. It's so notorious, it even has its own withdrawal website. Please do read the previous thread. There are some links I posted on there x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 07:41:15 PM »

Briony- can you remember which brand you took? I take Teva and look at the information leaflet and it doesn't say anywhere that you can't open the capsules. So when the time is right, I'll be bead counting.

Briony

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 10:50:08 AM »

I took that brand too, some of the time. I dont think there is an issue with bead counting, though it's annoying. (In the end, I just guessed!). In the USA, there's a lot of pressure to bring out a 10mg dose. At the time, my doctor said the best way was to switch to a low dose of Fluoxetine. Something to do with them having different half lives?

Here are the links I mentioned previously. If you're thinking of taking it, it's worth looking at them:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Advisor.../UCM172866.pdf

http://www.cymbaltawithdrawal.com/

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 01:53:56 PM »

Fluoxetine (Prozac) is meant to be the easiest AD to come off as it has such a long half life, I think?

Years ago when I had PND I spent nearly 3 years on ADs (Amitriptyline followed by Sertraline). When I decided I wanted to come off them my GP switched me to Prozac as it's easier to withdraw off. I took it for about 6 weeks but didn't like how it made me feel so just went cold turkey off.

I didn't have any side effects whatsoever but I think I was maybe lucky?

babyjane

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 02:44:56 PM »

You were fortunate. Some years ago I had 6 months on Fluoxetine and it took me another 6 months to get off it!
Pages: 1 [2]