Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Same progestegin via different route - any difference?  (Read 2010 times)

Noodle

Same progestegin via different route - any difference?
« on: March 13, 2016, 03:29:07 PM »

Afternoon ladies

I just started Elleste Duet Conti two and a half months ago.  Continuing side effects are horrendously painful boobs and upset digestive system - lurching between constipation and a dire rear.  I'm going to the doctors on Friday and was going to ask for Evorel Conti patch, to by pass digestive system. 

However, I think I am now starting to notice signs of depression (nothing major at the moment, but I'm very worried).  I was very badly affected in this way back in the 80s when I was on a POP- but I can't remember its name, so can't check the progestin culprit. Obviously the dose in a POP would be much greater than in HRT, so the same one, I reasoned, might not even effect me at all now.  Because of this though, I don't really want to go chopping and changing too much - I'm not looking to find it again!

So, I was wondering if any of you ladies have different experiences of the same HRT recipe taken in different ways - IE pills vs patches and vice versa.  Trying to see if I should continue down this combo or move on.  Sigh. :-\

Dancinggirl

Re: Same progestegin via different route - any difference?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 03:32:47 PM »

Oestrogel with Utrogestan is probably your best option. Look for the info under TREATMENTS above. The gel can be adjusted to your needs and Utrogestan is usually taken orally (it's licensed to be used that way here in the UK) but many women do use vaginally which reduces side effects. DG x