Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cystoscope update  (Read 5722 times)

jorainbow

Cystoscope update
« on: February 15, 2016, 08:31:18 AM »

Hello MM ladies!  Cystoscope tomorrow and I have my period!!! Really not looking forward to it . Not had any UTI symptoms since Nov so dont want it to trigger anything. Weirdly no dryness/occasional night sweats/mood swings or anxiety for the last two months either which I am not complaining about. Maybe my hormones had a few months of wobble and back to normal. Chap and I are good as well  and my libido has returned with a vengeance! !! 😉😉😉 Can this happen in peri???

Taz2

Re: Cystoscope update
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 08:49:57 AM »

Yes - make the most of it  :jiggy:!

Hope the cystoscopy goes well. I had no problems with mine but remember to drink lots afterwards to flush out your bladder.

Taz x

jorainbow

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 12:23:31 PM »

I will - long may it continue (literally!!!) 😂😂😂😂 jokes aside they may postpone it again if still heavy which as I work in a school means next holidays which will be end March beginning April - may as well not bother if so!

jorainbow

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 09:57:06 AM »

Supposed to be there at 1130.  I feel sick at the thought of it and no matter how much I tell myself it may not be painful or cause stinging pee afterwards my heart is racing and I just want to cry.

Justjules

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 10:12:47 AM »

Oh Jorainbow - don't panic - I've had a couple of these and yes, slightly uncomfortable but nothing that can't cope with and over in a few minutes and they put a numbing gel on the end of the little scope and they are lovely with you.  Will all be over with this afternoon - big hugs.
x

jorainbow

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 10:20:24 AM »

Thanks I'm just putting the whole thing off and it'll only get worse if I do that. I just know I'll make a title of myself and cry (bloody hormonal with period as it is!) Last time I tried my BP and pulse were through the roof

jorainbow

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 11:23:29 AM »

Re scheduled til 8th March and going in to see consultant before to discuss.  Will be doing weekly urine dips before as well to see if it's still present. Lady I talked to was lovely and understood no matter what other people say it's about how comfortable I feel about the whole thing.  Definitely not whilst having period!!! Thanks for letting me rant 😊

jorainbow

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 12:05:11 PM »

Hi Sparkle! ! I'm decorating the kitchen so nice and calmly sizing the walls ready to paper 😊😊😊 thanks xx

jorainbow

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 09:30:39 PM »

Just when I thought I was without symptoms, two days after period felt a bit cystitis like but no burning or problems peeing, period like pains, blood in urine (not visible) and horribly dry!!! Add constipation and low mood to the mix with some anxiety (of course I have something hideously wrong) and Im guessing it's my fecking hormones again  >:( 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »

jorainbow - your symptoms sound very typical for vaginal atrophy I'm afraid - I get exactly the same problems.  Local oestrogen will help.  Dg x

jorainbow

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 10:22:22 PM »

Thanks Dancinggirl. Having read a lot on here I'm thinking the same.  I started with it last year but then nothing for 4 months. I hope the cystoscopy throws nothing up (scans were fine)  then if not I'll try local oestrogen again x

jorainbow

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 09:41:34 AM »

Morning folks! Cystoscopy time today. Still not looking forward to it at all! The symptoms I had after my period went but I have has spotting for the last two weeks - firstly brown and now new blood. Definitely not coming via bladder though!  Period due in a week from my usual cycle length.  Fingers crossed nothing to worry about.  Says little miss worrier!!!!! 😊😊

Dancinggirl

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 10:14:25 AM »

jorainbow - if you are peri menopausal then this type of erratic bleeding and spotting is very common.  It shouldn't interfere with cystoscopy - I'm afraid you shouldn't expect your cycle to remain as it once was.
The cystoscopy is not awful - a bit uncomfortable but they tend to be very good at making it as easy as possibly and it's over quite quickly. As mine was done they actually showed me the images on the screen and explained that all was looking fine which was very reassuring and I found I forgot they had a camera up there!!!!!!
This is a very routine procedure  - do take slow deep breaths though.  DG xxx

jorainbow

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 10:23:43 AM »

Thanks DG have suspected all along this is peri and as I'm sterilised the period thing isn't an issue so don't worry about that! It would be nice for my GP to acknowledge it though 😯😯😯 will take your advice and breathe deeply. Thankfully my chap is taking me so that helps too xxx

jorainbow

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 12:37:03 PM »

All done and everything normal just feel sore now like I do when things are dry but that may be the wipes used to clean my bits? ?? Anyway all happy now and dress shopping 😊😊😊
Pages: [1] 2