Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: groin swelling  (Read 3048 times)

nigela

groin swelling
« on: February 11, 2016, 11:20:54 AM »

Hi worried as had pain in low left side for ages getting more frequent last year. told at first was from my back as had lot of pain here. Had MRI in Dec and told degenerative disc disease but wont cause the low left side pain above groin-sometimes higher. was diagnosed with fibroid and kidney cyst 4 years ago. Now got to have another ultra sound scan next week as GP thinks the swelling in groin is lymph nodes so goign out of mind with worry. feel dizzy and nausea quite a bit. Have stiff neck and top back pain also. feel a little hard lump now in side of next where tonsil always hurts and is bigger, hurts when I swallow also ear pain on left side-stings when lie on it-told that is dermatitis in ear-small red spot there. So as you can see I am now adding all these things together.  I do think they may al be fibromyalgia symptoms as once thought by a doctor but no test for this. have coeliac(undiagnosed for 20 years!) and dairy intolerances too. Which gives me ibs symptoms. anyone else get all this with meno? & years post meno now. aged 55. was given full blood count test last week and told normal.
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: groin swelling
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 01:39:25 PM »

Nope.  Not all at once.

Pain in the groin is from the hip. 
Low back pain can be centred over the hip region  ::) so sufferers immediately think it's in the hip.
Your GP could have explained all that.  Maybe you could make an appt. to see a Physio. to get an idea of where the various pain routes 'go'.

I have sciatica when I don't remember to bend correctly, worse at night  >:(  Relieved by Nurofen and a brisk walk.  Do you require pain relief?

Lymph nodes can be a sign of infection, i.e. when the body is fighting 'flu, common cold, when the body goes into over-drive to counteract what ever is happening inside.

As oestrogen levels drop off the muscles become lax = various aches and pains.  My ears suddenly 'nip' with pain, enough to say ouch but fortunately, not enough to be bothersome.  I also have a nerve in the back of my neck, if I turn my head in certain directions: and of course, I can't remember how it happens: causes a slight dizziness.  It's not dangerous.  It's not enough to go to the GP with, it's a matter of remembering that it has happened for years and I'm still here!

nigela

Re: groin swelling
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 03:07:51 PM »

Your neck sounds like mine-I shout out in certain ways I move it. However been told I need a ct scan with contrast again now for pelvis and abdomen as there are a lot of nodes to feel in groin and above. more worried no. Also not happy about having yet another dye with ct! But no choice! more waiting. They just ache all the time