Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 42 diagnosed POF Nov.  (Read 2835 times)

Jojo11

42 diagnosed POF Nov.
« on: February 10, 2016, 01:53:50 PM »

Thankyou for excepting my request to join in on the forum my GP gave me a card back in Aug last year to come take a look and read as I went to her because from no were I'd started having bad mood swings feeling depressed very heavy periods hot flushes were I had to stay attached to a towel a change in skin hair thinning and nails it seemed to hit me all at once.I had to wait 3 months to be diagnosed with POF as I went threw every test a woman can go threw to rule out other problems.The longer I waited the worse I was getting.I kept coming onto here and reading other ladies story's and comments in the forum and although in my head I was no its not early menopause my heart was saying yes you have all the symptoms other ladies are saying there having and it slowly started to hit home.so in november my GP put me straight onto hrt I was placed onto patches I was put on Estradot 75mg patch and Utrogestan 100mg for every two weeks out of four it helped a bit but I noticed a couple of days before my period my flushes would kick in then ease of a day or too after I stopped my period so I had to go back and at the end of January I was put on femseven 100mg patches I feel a difference but these patches are a absolute nightmare as they do not stick on for long and unless I stick a massive plaster over the patch it falls off still having the odd flush but I have to give it the 3 month couse before I know if this is for me.I must admit this is a very scary time and I'm still trying to learn and understand what I'm going threw and I just want other woman to know reading other ladies worrys concerns on the forum has encouraged me to join and add a little bit that this can hit at any age and hopefully once I get my hrt worked out and my symptoms under control I can learn being diagnosed at 41 with menopause it's not life over for me.
Thank you once again for being a open door for me at this time of my life.sorry my story is so long  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 42 diagnosed POF Nov.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 04:04:23 PM »

:welcomemm:

I'm sure someone with HRT knowledge will be along. 

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 04:11:12 PM »

Huge hugs.  It's so hard trying to work out the best way of managing symptoms.  I'm 40, diagnosed last year, though I'd been having symptoms since 35 and life is DEFINITELY not over for us by a long way!  I'm on BCP instead of HRT so can't offer any advice on your patches, but hang in there, things will get easier (and I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable ladies will be along shortly to advise on the HRT)

This forum has been a lifeline for me too - it's great knowing you're not the only one having all these weird symptoms!

Not sure if you've already picked this up, but do check over your diet/lifestyle as changes there can make a huge difference - e.g. I've found that sugar and caffeine cause palpitations and hot flushes, so cutting back on these have really helped.  Everyone is different but if you listen to your body, you'll soon pick up what things help or hinder.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 04:41:42 PM »

Hi Jojo11

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

re the patches - if you're on 100 mcg then ask to be changed to Estradot asap! They are changed twice a week and are tiny compared to the other mahoosive ones! You shouldn't need to stick down with something and in fact best not to as you can't tell whether it is stuck down underneath whatever you're sticking over the patch.

Here are all the different types (scroll down for patches):
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

Hurdity x :)

Jojo11

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 04:50:58 PM »

Hi to both of you thankyou for saying hello yes I've noticed sugar and caffeine don't help so drink plenty of water still having aches and pains in my hands and hips and waking up very hot in the night I'm just hoping I can find something to ease it all I didn't think it happened at an early age I thought it was always around 50 how wrong was I!! But my mum and my sister were both early 40s so following the line but this menopause is not easy to get threw I found this site so useful and it's amazing to know your not alone xx

Dorothy

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 04:52:25 PM »

I found Epsom Salt baths helpful for aches and pains.  I use a cupful per bath and soak for around 15 minutes.  I started off with a tiny amount and worked up to the cupful though, just in case it didn't agree with my skin. 

Jojo11

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 04:57:21 PM »

Hi hurdity I thought I should not being doing that I read on here another lady saying she was on femseven and it would not stay on that was before I was changed from Estradot 75mg which was not working I will have a look at your link and go back to my GP because the femseven are big patches compared to the first on but I was advised to change it twice a week not the once which is what I've been doing thankyou I will get this checked out xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 05:48:51 PM »

Some HRT treatments take a while before the body adjusts, particularly if the bodies hormones are having a party too!  GPs are keen to chop and change far too quickly IMHO!

As oestrogen levels drop muscles become lax = aches and pains.  Par for the Course, it's The Change of Life  ::).  Keeping a mood and food diary might help ……… I have to tick on our calendar issues on a daily basis or I forget  ::)