Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cream for the burn  (Read 3741 times)

mollie2

Cream for the burn
« on: February 09, 2016, 05:19:12 PM »

Im literally on fire belw, its making my life hell, what can i use for the burn?

orchid

Re: Cream for the burn
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 06:02:25 PM »

Hi Mollie you poor thing! It depends what is causing it as to what to apply. Is it thrush, are you itchy too? If that's the case it's the usual canestan, the combi is the best with pessary and cream. If it's not that you may need vaginal swabs as there are a few other causes and therefore you will need an appointment with your practice nurse or dr. Meantime to cool it a bit of natural yoghurt will give temporary relief. Hope this helps!

Kate50

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 06:26:55 PM »

Is this your VA cos mine gets terrible like that and i use lots to try and deal with it.  Sometimes ok with vagifem but sometimes it makes it sore. Always swell up after sex that's why don't do it!  Lol.  God knows how you managing with new partner.  I use frozen ice pops they are the only things I have between my legs these days.  They melt quickly !The thing that works best for me is xyloproct ointment I discovered it by chance when I had to use it for rogue pile. It numbs and got steroid in it.  Prescription!

mollie2

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 06:41:13 PM »

Im so fed up, i went to gp today and he gave me canestan hc but its not thrush although it feels similar, i think its VA but i also have a swollen urethra thats low down which i also think is causing the nerve pain and burn,, I cant go on like this, i phoned in sick today and havent moved off the sofa apart from the docs, I find ice is a no go as its unbearable, There is no love life at all .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 07:43:13 PM »

Have you tried LIVE yoghurt applied around the vagina - cooling and messy but can ease the burn.  The only thing that will sort it is continual oestrogen replacement    -   why did your GP give you Canestan?  I tried it once and it made the burning worse because I didn't have thrush  :-\ .  To keep the outer lips supple I apply lots of KY jelly.  Daily.

Have you been prescribed Vagifem or Ovestin1mg? 

mollie2

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 08:52:44 PM »

Yes and thats why i asked for a soothing cream as vagifem and the like make me swell.. Canestan eases a bit. X

Kate50

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 10:13:52 PM »

I tried aqueous cream once cos my mother in law who's a retired nurse told me to it stung like hell! Lol Get some xyloproct I have it on repeat .

Dorothy

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 04:35:46 PM »

I found Ovestin uncomfortable to use at first, but after the first few days it eased.  Maybe if you are already sore, anything you use is going to be uncomfortable short-term until the problem is eased?  After 2 weeks of daily use, I was fine with the Ovestin - it only hurts now if I forget to use it twice weekly.