Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Calf pain  (Read 2113 times)

Jackie_w

Calf pain
« on: February 09, 2016, 07:41:57 AM »

Hello.

I started HRT at the beginning of December.  Was on Prempack c, then last week changed to Femoston.

Yesterday I developed a dull ache in my left calf and it's still there this morning.  Is this something I should see the doctor about, or will it be okay to wait a few days and see what happen? I don't want to waste the doctors time. 
My calf isn't swollen, I can walk okay.  I do have a heavy cold just now so I'm not sure if the pain is caused by that.

Jackie

Tinkerbell

Re: Calf pain
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 07:56:35 AM »

Is it swollen or warm to the touch?

Not sure if HRT increases risk of DVT or not, can you ring and ask for advice at your doctors?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 08:03:12 AM »

Noticed you said it is not swollen

I was worried about a DVT after a c section and my doctor measure both my calves, can you do that to see if there is any difference?
Must be a proper diagnostic tool as I saw it used for the same thing on the programme GP behind closed doors

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 08:32:38 AM »

Hi Jackie
I am on  Femoston 1/ 10 and during the second half of my grey tablets notice a lot of aches and pains in my legs . I am obsessed with getting a dvt and have spent many a happy hour examining my legs for tell tale signs . I believe you have to watch out for redness and swelling and as Tinkerbell said skin that is warm to the touch
 XX Ss

Jackie_w

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 09:26:59 AM »

Thank you ladies for replying.

It's not red or warm to touch.  I will measure my calves and keep an eye on it over the next couple of days x