Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New member on evorel conti. Help!  (Read 1747 times)

Jenc

• First Flush
New member on evorel conti. Help!
« on: February 08, 2016, 06:00:35 PM »

Hi

Havin had several months of waking every couple of hours and having flushes almost hourly, I finally caved and went on Evorel conti patches. I needed both the oestrogen and progesterone as was only 6 months without period.

These patches have been amazing and I felt like myself within 3 days. Unfortunately my pharmacist has just said he can't get hold of any more patches. I need some ideas for a replacement. I can't bear the thought of going back to that lack of sleep, not to mention that my work suffers hugely with me so spaced out.

My mother and sister both have liver problems so a patch is preferable to tablets. Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks. Jen  :)

Taz2

Re: New member on evorel conti. Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:28:29 PM »

Hi Jenc. Welcome to the forum.

Can I ask how old you are? If you are under 54ish and haven't been period free for at least a year then you need Evorel Sequi patches and not conti. You will always need progesterone either in sequi or conti form unless you have a hysterectomy as the progesterone protects the womb lining from cancer.

As for the non-availability of the patches. I have checked and there doesn't seem to be anything online about a shortage so it could just be that this particular pharmacist hasn't got any available. By phoning around others in your area you should find someone who can supply them within the usual forty eight hour period.  If you still can't get it then you could ask your GP to prescribe FemSeven or Estradot although with Estradot you would have to use a separate progesterone.

You will find lots of advice and help on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Jenc

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 07:03:23 AM »

Thank you so much.

I am on evorel sequi. Just wrote from memory rather than reading the packet. I contacted the manufacturer after your reply who said they did have problems but these were resolved so thankfully can continue on my patches. Hurrah!

Thanks again
Jen

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 07:36:17 AM »

Good news then!

Taz x  :foryou: