Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Urgent advice pls Utrogestan 100 mg  (Read 3526 times)

mollie2

Urgent advice pls Utrogestan 100 mg
« on: February 09, 2016, 09:40:07 AM »

I took the above medication last night as instructed and I immediately felt drugged and totaly disorientated , I literally staggered to bed, It stated to take on day 15 of my cycle, I couldnt go to work today as i was so zonked when i woke up, I actually fell asleep on the sofa within minutes of taking it, I am waiting to see a gynea again after being discharged after they said nothing was wrong, I am taking estraderm patch which i find ok but need to take the above talbet with it ( first time last night )i have a consant irritation and burning in my vagina and sharp tummy pains,   My gp said i had a urethra prolapse but my gynea said nothing was wrong, i can see and feel waht is either my cervix or urethra which feels as though its bulging and pressing on me which then gives me nerve pain, I am unable to see my lady gp today so i have had to book a male one who last time was baffled and couldnt do anything, Im so fed up, this is ruling my life   

Tinkerbell

Re: Urgent advice pls Utrogestan 100 mg
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:41:22 AM »

When I took Utrogestan, have to say I only lasted 6 days!  I didn't feel drugged up, but I did feel odd, like I was looking through a fog, but it was not foggy...does that make sense? :-*  but that feeling did go by the third day.

I gave up because I just couldn't sleep while on it, a mixture of vivid dreams, feeling wired up and incredibly hot.

Are you taking it orally? A lot of ladies seem to use it vaginally, I did.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:42:39 AM »

Are you using any local oestrogen?

vickypk

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 12:55:42 PM »

Hi Mollie2
I tried Utrogestan with my HRT regime 2 years ago.  I could just about get to 6 days with it as I had very bad stomach cramps, weird dreams and very low mood and had heavy bleeding, but if it was just the bleeding it would have been okay.  I tried it vaginally as well and still couldn't get on with it.  I had to rest in bed for a few days when I was taking the Utrogestan.  I think a lot of people are fine with it.
Vickypk

mollie2

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 02:24:17 PM »

Ive been to gp and he thought it was odd, I may have been allergic to it, I more or less felt really weird as soon as i took it, I really felt drugged up to the hilt, He has given me provera 10 mg and canestan hc to soothe, He cant fathom any of this out the same as all the other docs although he did say my urethra is swollen which is what i can feel i guess.

Night_Owl

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 03:18:25 PM »

Mollie2, sorry to read that you've had a bad experience with the Utrogestan.

I'm not suggesting this is the case - but just so you're aware - (info from Panay Meno Clinic) - of the women who take HRT, roughly 20% will be what is known as 'progesterone intolerant'.  Of that 20%, roughly half with be 'highly progesterone intolerant'. 

Progesterone intolerance is usually the main reason women stop HRT.  But there is positive news.  Even if you are highly progesterone intolerant (as I am) there are still ways of taking progesterone (to protect the endometrium lining from building up) that can make it more 'bearable'.

If you type "progesterone intolerance" in the box, top right, you'll see the subject is discussed quite extensively. 

Hope that the Provera suits you better - and that you feel better soon.

x

Lizab

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 03:32:45 PM »

As for the drugged feeling, the first two nights of my first run with it were the same, really strange feeling and I wouldn't have been able to work in the day. After that, it was fine. I definitely still feel different when I'm taking it, but it's tolerable.

mollie2

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 03:42:27 PM »

I was out of it , like i was on drugs ( not that ive tried drugs mind )  i fell asleep within ten minutes and woke of sofa and literally dragged myself to bed,, Got to try other tabs tomorrow now cos i cant just take the patch on its own, All this just for the flushes!

Lizab

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 04:27:13 PM »

Yes, on that first night, when I had to get up to pee, I thought I might have to crawl. It did get better, though I admit I was nervous about starting it this month too. So far, it's been much easier the second round, a bit groggy in the mornings still.