Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: tender swollen lymph nodes in groin  (Read 9922 times)

nigela

tender swollen lymph nodes in groin
« on: February 15, 2016, 01:33:46 PM »

Had ultra sound. all ok apart from these and small fibroid and kidney cyst-told benign. anyone else have these nodes hurting?

countrybumpkin

Re: tender swollen lymph nodes in groin
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 03:25:13 PM »

Have you got an infection thats causing the painful nodes? I am assuming that your Dr has already done blood tests for infection?

My friends son had these and he was rushed into hospital becasue they suspected appendicitis before they realised the pain was coming from his groin lymph nodes.  He had an infection that cleared up with antibiotics. I can't now remember where the infection was but it wasn't anything serious and he was fine again after the antibiotics.

Sorry I can't be more help!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 04:59:13 PM »

Lymph glands go into action against Germs - neck, groin, tummy, under the arm pits ……. I have a constant non-painful node since 1976, it never goes down  ::)

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 12:56:40 PM »

Lymph glands go into action against Germs - neck, groin, tummy, under the arm pits ……. I have a constant non-painful node since 1976, it never goes down  ::)

I have a slightly swollen lymph gland in my neck which has never caused any pain. I had it checked back in 2007 and it hasn't got any larger/changed shape since then so I wasn't worried. Then a GP spotted it on a chance meeting at the health centre and wanted it to be checked again. I have the appointment this Thursday. I am not too worried about it but won't relax completely until I know for sure.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 01:04:05 PM »

The one I have is in my neck, along my collar bone.  At the time I had blood tests and no further action required.  Let us know how you get on!  Who is the appt. with?  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 06:16:28 PM »

The one I have is in my neck, along my collar bone.  At the time I had blood tests and no further action required.  Let us know how you get on!  Who is the appt. with?  :-\

With an ENT doctor. Not sure what they will do. Standard letter from hospital warns me to expect a long wait but I think that all patients are told this. Am hoping that it is just a precaution. Never intended to ask GP about it because I had had  it checked before.

Mine is on the left side of the neck, just below the jaw bone.

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 06:19:13 PM »

I've got one in my neck too, checked by ENT doc recently who wasn't worried about it. Think it goes with my chronic cough and throat clearing.

S x

What did the ENT doctor do to check it? Back in 2007, I had a scan or ultrasound of some kind (details forgotten). Thought the doctor said that it was a cyst but my GP has written lymph node in  my records.

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 06:30:28 PM »

Felt it!  He said was small but felt bigger than it actually is due to its position, its sitting over the carotid artery!  :o. It goes up and down depending on how much throat clearing/coughing I do thanks to this bloody reflux which is another reason he wasn't worried about it.

S x

I do have a bit of throat clearing but not really coughing (to do with my thyroid condition). I hope that the doctor will say similar on Thursday. Back in 2007 I was offered the option of removal but turned it down. I don't want a general anaesthetic unless absolutely necessary.
I am not convinced that mine is a lymph node. It feels like a cyst. Not sure how to tell the difference.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 06:55:15 PM »

The one I had (see above) has gone  ::) ……… I had a good feel along the collar bone region and can't find it.

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 07:19:21 PM »

You havent perhaps got a bit of thrust or some other type of infection that usually causes the swollen lymphs in the groin...

nigela

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 08:28:48 AM »

No nothing like that at all

nigela

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 08:30:26 AM »

Worried now as night sweats are back but worse than before dripping all over so wet. Heard this can be with lymphoma so worrying again. Been 7 years since last period and the night sweats I had were not like this.

blossom60

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 10:41:49 AM »

Don't panic.  I had this a few weeks ago when I have the same virus as the rest of the family.  The horrid flu type coughing virus that's going around.  Mostly better now but still the odd one a night.  See your doctor and put your mind at rest.