Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Advice please/vaginal soreness  (Read 3680 times)

evey

Advice please/vaginal soreness
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:26:46 PM »

Hi
I have been using Vagifem along side estrogel (2 + squiggle pumps per day ). The Vagifem helped for about 6 months but the soreness, itching, etc have returned again, even on this regime, I have a doctors app on Friday and was wondering if anyone could recommend an alternative to the Vagifem, or an addition if this is even allowed, it is very, very u ncomfortable and would be grateful for any info.   I am pleased at least that apart from this the combination of gel and utrogestan has eventually settled down to control other horrible symptoms after a few years of trying different ways of taking the utrogestan and controlling the worst side effects of the utrogestan.

lancashirelass

Re: Advice please/vaginal soreness
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:42:16 AM »

You may need to do the 14 day reload again just using 2 a week is sometimes not enough speak to your gp

evey

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:22:34 AM »

Ok, thanks for advice, I will try that, it's horrible!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:40:08 AM »

Sounds like you could have a bit of BV going on!!?? Even with systemic and local oestrogen I still use vaginal lubricants and treatments like Multi Gyn Actigel and Sylk to help keep the vaginal area healthy. I find I get sore and itchy if the flora balance isn't right in the that whole area.  I only use cleansers specifically designed for washing the 'lady bits', take showers not baths, use breathable unscented panty liners that I change regularly and avoid tight trousers and sitting down for too long.
Are you suing Utro vaginally? I tried using Utro vaginally and it did irritate a bit but the Multi Gyn helped with this.
Also make sure you empty your bladder properly every time - I find I need to relax that whole area when I pee when I am sore - when in pain we tend to clench and this can prevent us fully emptying the bladder and the urethra becomes sore.
I find the oestrogen creams irritate and Vagifem is the best, least messy and easiest to use. A 2 week reload could be a good idea.   DG x

evey

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 11:31:15 PM »

Thanks Dancing Girl, thank goodness for this site! Can share all these issues and not feel like the only one with this stuff going on;     What is BV?
I will do another 2 week reload, get some more Vagifem Friday! 
Yes I do use the Utrogestan vaginally, I have a bit if a bladder prolapse going on and I have not been doing the pelvic floor exercises as I should have been so I have to start again with that! They really help. I have been getting low pelvic. Pain today and aching so bought some sachets for cystitis, glad I'm going to docs. I am going to google multi gyn I haven't heard of it, is it a vaginal moisturiser? Can I get it in Boots chemist? I have heard of Sylk I saw that today online so it's good to have a recommendation for it, I also saw something called Canistanima for vaginal issues. Just hope no men lurking around the pharmacy so I can ask about them.😬
Thanks so much.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 04:25:55 PM »

Hi evey
We are all different so dealing with vaginal problems can vary from women to women - I just know what works for me but you will need to do some trial and error.
I am certainly no expert but this is my understanding: BV is Bacterial Vaginitis and this is simply bacteria that has taken hold in the vaginal area and will cause itching, possibly some watery discharge and often an unpleasant smell - it often won't show up when swobs are taken but I now when I've got it as I do burn and itch much more. We women are not designed well - our anus is so close to our lady bits and inevitably bacteria from our back passage can and does make it's way to the wrong bits.  When we are young and produce plenty of our own hormones and have plenty of good flora in the vaginal area, then this will repel things like thrush and BV. At menopause the drying out etc leaves us more prone and sensitive - the skin in more fragile so burning, soreness etc. are a consequence. Local oestrogen will certainly help to maintain a healthy environment but I have found it isn't enough.  I use Multi Gyn Actigel as it is designed to keep the vaginal area slightly acidic (it can burn a bit when first applied but this wears off) - I find it helps to stop itching and burning.  For a kinder moisturisation Sylk is great - a little goes a long way and again it is very soothing.  There are lots of products - many I find a bit messy to use so it is trial and error - I am only telling you what works for me.  You can get most of these things online.
Its good to keep up the pelvic floor exercises but plenty of lubricant for sex is essential. Good luck  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 05:24:48 PM »

I use KY jelly on the outer lips on a regular basis.  As well as Ovestin1mg but make sure that it is going to be available, apparently there's a shortage.  Maybe a re-load of the Vagifem plus some lubricant on the outer lips?

evey

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 06:28:38 PM »

That's great advice Dg and thanks Ckld
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 08:09:15 PM »

Let us know what you decide!

evey

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 09:51:42 PM »

Update
I had my Dr appointment Friday, I feel so grateful as I have an amazing lady GP, did some swabs to make sure no thrush or anything,    Actually the awful soreness and watery discharge had stopped mostly, I think after taking the medicine from boots, anyway I do still have soreness but not as much for sure, haven't been wearing my beloved skinny jeans and just loose things around the house and no pants!   Had an examination and my GP has prescribed Ovestin cream to use few times a week along side the Vagifem also to use Durex Blue lubricant, so hopefully this will all help, it really was awful, thank goodness I had your kind words and advice as I was so stressed about it and you think you are the only one going through this stuff,
Xx