Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi Patches  (Read 8956 times)

Libbygrace

Evorel Sequi Patches
« on: February 05, 2016, 06:57:18 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I started taking Evorel Sequi patches in October last year, had monthly periods (heavy) and apart from th I feel great !
In December my period was 2 weeks late, then in January it was 2 weeks early and I thought maybe my body is getting into a routine, today I'm starting another period again after 2 weeks, does anyone know why this could be ?
I'm 54 was peri-menopausal and never gone a year without a bleed/period. Last year I did try the Evorel conti but got a bleed every 2 weeks, I have been reading the forum and The Femseven sequential could be of interest ? or do I give myself more time.
I must admit ladies I feel really well but  have started to have headaches , any suggestions ?

Thank you  :)

robotwars

Re: Evorel Sequi Patches
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 09:43:03 AM »

Hi Libbygrace, I was on these patches and I had the same plus when on the progesterone patches I got very depressed and low mood so changed to femseven sequi, these are going alright but since starting them I have now not come on at all, been on them 3 months now, now on month 4 and still no period.....so I seem to have gone the other way, I was quite concerned about this as I thought the sequi meant you should have a period to shed the womb lining but I went and saw my GP last week and he has given me another 10 months worth and told me not to be concerned! But you know what its like you still worry! LOL - I think this is anxiety and too much google!

Trufflecat

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 10:08:20 AM »

I was on those but got depresses so swapped to the Evorel continued plus Utrogestan. I am surprised that you were even put onto continued as you are in peri. I imagine that your own hormones are breaking through and causing the bleeding.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »

Hi Libbygrace

I used these when I first started HRT 9 years ago but the combi patches gave me headaches too so I changed to separate oestrogen patches and progesterone which I have used ever since. Progesterone is available as Utrogestan and listed here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php . The oestrogen only brands and types are here: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

Hurdity x

Libbygrace

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 10:38:13 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
Are the oestrogen patches Evorel ? and the same strength ? Also the progesterone ( utrogestan) how is that taken is it the last 2 weeks of the month ? I notice on the information you gave its tablet form ?

Many thanks  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 11:34:04 AM »

If you look at the links you will see the different oestrogen preparations. Tablet oestrogen is given first and below this the patches. They come in various strengths as you will see, but the combi patches ( Femseven and Evorel) only come in 50 mcg strength. I use Estradot which are very small, and have the widest range of doses, but yes there are Evorel patches too as you will see. Also it tells you on the link the dose of progestogens. Utrogestan (micronised progesterone) is taken for 12 days. It's not exactly a tablet but a small squashy capsule as the progesterone is in a liquid. Many women on here use it vaginally because of side effects from oral use although it is not licensed in UK for use vaginally ( but it is elsewhere in Europe).

Hurdity x

Trufflecat

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 03:00:52 PM »

The Evorel also come in 25mg as I have some

Libbygrace

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 10:35:30 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm still taking evorel sequi patches and since February I'm having breakthrough bleeds, just recently I have only gone 2 weeks before another bleed this time its lasted 5 days and I feel emotionally drained and very tired. I have also been very tearful normal period symptoms. I will be 55 in 1 months time and never gone a year without a period.

Have tried Evorel conti patches and had breakthrough bleed every 2 weeks, had ultrasound and everything is fine apart from a small fibroid which the GP did not seem to be worried about .

Not sure what to do if to come off HRT altogether or another combination , any suggestions ?

Have a lovely Easter :)

Trufflecat

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 07:19:38 AM »

The Evorel Sequi were OK for me with just the oestrogen, but after three months trial, when I added in the progesterone I became very, very low. Utrogestan plus Evorel oestrogen only was better, but I am now on Utrogestan plus Oestrogel as it's easier to adjust.

Libbygrace

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 07:54:40 AM »

Thank you Trufflecat

So its sounds as though it maybe best to try this combination Evorel estradiol ( 2 patches per week for 2 weeks which I take anyway with the Ultogestan capsual .

I read that the ultrogestan capsual is best to use vaginally because of the side effects ?
I really don't want to come of HRT because of the bad symptoms I get

Trufflecat

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 08:05:47 AM »

I don't use the Utrogestan vaginally, I swallow it before bed. My GP couldn't find it in her book until I told her to look up 'micronised progesterone' (found that out here!) and then she prescribed it.

Libbygrace

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 08:12:22 AM »

I have read the information and dosage on Ultogestan capsual thankyou, just wondering when you use it vaginally when would be the best time to insert it ? :o

j

Libbygrace

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 08:18:12 AM »

Thank you Trufflecat

Trufflecat

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 10:02:24 AM »

If you decide to use it vaginally then definitely at bedtime due to gravity!

Mary G

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 01:34:16 PM »

Utrogestan is better when taken vaginally because (a) it works better because most of it reaches the womb and doesn't get lost in your digestive system and (b) it has fewer side effects when taken in that way. 

It does make you sleep well so take it at bedtime!
Pages: [1] 2