Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Very painful nose  (Read 7168 times)

countrybumpkin

Very painful nose
« on: February 05, 2016, 05:11:52 PM »

I woke up at 5am this morning and moved my head on the pillow and got agonising pain in my nose as my nose moved slightly. I have a very painful area on the right side of my nose on the bone edge and any touch or movement of nose is very painful.

I wasn't walloped in the face in the night and I did not wake up with my head/nose squashed in the pillow so have no idea what has caused it. The painful area is not red or swollen it looks normal.

About 10 years ago I did injure my nose in same area when a small child grabbed my nose and yanked it to one side and this is  similar area and same type of pain but I haven't done anything to it.

Any ideas anyone?

Joyce

Re: Very painful nose
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:17:19 PM »

Blocked sinuses?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 05:21:13 PM »

Is there a spot inside? 

MrsJD

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 06:49:49 PM »

I had a sore/tender nose last year, only hurt when I touched it and woke up with it one morning, no trauma to it at all, felt a little unwell, phoned out of hours surgery as was concerned, went to see the doctor and turned out to be facial cellulitis, had I left it over weekend I would've ended up on IV antibiotics in hospital!!! If you've not bumped it and there is no spot inside please get it checked out just in case.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 08:23:18 PM »

Thankfully I have quite alot of experience of cellulitis with family menbers so know what it looks like which is why I was scrutinising my face and nose!  I have absolutely no swelling or pinkness  anywhere.  Its not as painful this evening so hopefully it will resolve itself.  Thanks for the post though as its very useful information and I would be the first one off to the Dr's if I get any change in appearance.

MrsJD

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 08:29:16 PM »

Thankfully I have quite alot of experience of cellulitis with family menbers so know what it looks like which is why I was scrutinising my face and nose!  I have absolutely no swelling or pinkness  anywhere.  Its not as painful this evening so hopefully it will resolve itself.  Thanks for the post though as its very useful information and I would be the first one off to the Dr's if I get any change in appearance.

Phew, thank goodness you know what to look for, I had no idea you could get cellulitis on your face and certainly didn't realise how serious it can be, I'm paranoid now whenever anyone mentions a sore nose  :)  Hope you feel better soon.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 08:32:57 PM »

I have seen quite a bit of cellulitis mostly arms/legs feet and hands but I googled pictures of facial cellulitis this morning ::) and have been keeping a close eye on my face in case I develop any redness/hotness or swelling.  I would be straight to Dr/A&E if I did!

My son nearly died from septecemia from cellulitis in his foot nearly 20 years ago so as you can imagine I am like you and a bit paranoid.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 11:12:59 AM »

Well I am off to the out of hours DR!!  Got more painful overnight and getting puffy over the painful area of nose. Spoken to Dr on phne who is thinking infection or blocked gland in nose ( didn't know you had glands in nose!) but he said they need to have  a good look up my nose ::)

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 11:34:17 AM »

Let us know how you get on. Sounds very painful.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 02:29:30 PM »

None the wiser after seeing the Dr!  She def gave me the impression she thought I was wasting her time as she said it was only a bit swollen and no redness and she could see nothing inside although she said I might have something out of sight so gave me some antibiotic cream to put in my nose and told me to see my own Dr next week if no improvement. 
I still can't work it out as my nose clicks loudly when moved from side to side which makes me think its something with the cartelage.

I will see my own Drs next week of no better.

I get the most strange symptoms that often no one can get to the bottom of and then they go away, for example I very occasionally find that its agony when I move my tongue one way. I have had this maybe one or twice a year for many many years usually lasting up to a week and then gone and no Dr has ever been able to give a def explanation!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 06:08:16 PM »

How interesting sparkle.  I am wondering if its something to do with the old injury as its in same place but then again it might be referred from sinuses or and this is the menopausal health anxiety part of my brain ;D it might be a nasty cancer in the bone or bad infection ( yes I Know that the last two are almost certainly the figment of my meno imagination!).

countrybumpkin

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 05:38:49 PM »

mmmm beginning to wonder if this is sinus related, the very painful area on the bone of nose is not as painful today but the opposite side of my face is getting intense feelings of pressure behind my nose and in cheek and my ear is very itchy and pressured. 
Will be interesting to see what happens next!

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 06:19:43 PM »

Hello countrybumpkin.

I wonder if you've considered a dental problem? I ask because in my twenties one side of my face became swollen although there was no pain. It turned out  I had a deep seated abscess in my gum and I was told that pain and swelling tends to run along nerves so the source of the problem isn't always obvious to us.

Whatever the cause I hope you feel better soon.

Take care.

K.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 07:49:54 PM »

Embarrasingly I don't have any teeth left, they are all fake so no its isn't a dental problem.

I think its some weird virus bug because now I feel like I have a cold ( runny nose and that weird pain at back of nose/throat, lots of gunk running down back of throat etc). 

I still have a sore area on nose bone but nowhere near as painful as it was.  Think its the dreaded lurgy, I have been surrounded for weeks and weeks with people with colds and chest infections and thought I was doing so well to avoid them , now I am not so sure and still not sure if the sore nose bone is connected.

I love getting weird health problems!