Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Complete lack of confidence - normal?  (Read 3407 times)

Ohgoodnessme

Complete lack of confidence - normal?
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:38:23 PM »

I've been on a low dose HRT for almost 3 months (actually have a review appointment with my gp in the morning). Hot flushes and night sweats have improved but one thing I've noticed recently is a complete lack of confidence in the ability to do my job, or at least part of it.  I started a new job last year and, while I'm enjoying the work, there's one part of my role that has me checking and rechecking stuff at home that I've done at work. I've not been given any training or, God forbid, a procedure manual on this particular part, just told to look through the files left by my predecessor. It's something that I probably would've taken in my stride before but now I'm really struggling. Could be a complete coincidence but just wondered whether it might be menopause related?

Trufflecat

Re: Complete lack of confidence - normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 01:03:14 PM »

What sort of HRT are you on?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »

I know just how you feel. I have been.in my current job nearly 5 years. Used to really enjoy it and was very good at it. Could do the job blindfolded.

Then started suffering with hormonal anxiety and depression and suddenly felt totally incapable of doing my job. I couldn't cope, felt inadequate, felt my colleagues were checking up on me. Just dread going into work. But then my hormones would re calibrate and I would feel fine and competent again. Until the next time..................

I think basically it just comes down to anxiety that's all. And anxiety is one of the most common symptoms of peri menopause.

Ohgoodnessme

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 02:10:04 PM »

I'm on femoston 1/10 Trufflecat

Thanks GypsyRoseLee. I did wonder whether it was my hormones. I can go along quite happily and then get the sinking feeling followed by the 'what ifs'. Will mention it at my review tomorrow

Galadriel

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 02:18:11 PM »

OGM, had similar in my own job. Things I normally do without batting an eyelid have me checking and re-checking everything. When it comes to sending out e-mails to the whole company, you'd think I was lobbing a grenade instead of pressing the send button.

I also lost confidence in nighttime driving... But that actually came back this winter.

I think it is par for the course.

Galadriel x

Ohgoodnessme

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »

Thanks Galadriel. Reassuring to know I'm not alone (& not going mad!) x

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 02:54:13 PM »

I'm in peri am suffering with the same! I get very "OCD" on-and-off and check, re-check and triple-check things... VERY annoying   >:( !

Ohgoodnessme

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 03:03:48 PM »

i can relate to that 20032003. You should see me trying to leave the house in the morning. Lock the door, jiggle the handle 8 times, put my keys away, jiggle the handle again, get half way down the road & come back to check again. The neighbours must think I'm mad!M ;D

Clovie

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 03:52:42 PM »

OMG, I can TOTALLY relate to this!

I'm a housewife/mum so I don't have office duties etc, but yes indeed do I lack confidence when I'm on one of my hormonal downers!!!  :-\
I daren't drive, I'm nervous to do things I've done without any thought in the past, and I'm paranoid that people are judging me or don't like me !  :-\

So you're not alone, if that helps at all  :)

Trufflecat

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 09:42:30 AM »

I can tell when things are out of whack because I feel really och ish plus very anxious about everything with no belief in myself atall

Ohgoodnessme

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 10:38:40 AM »

Thanks ladies, it's good to know I'm not alone.
Have just returned from a review with my gp. She's increased me to femoston 2/10. I am due another review in 3 months to see how I'm doing. I do feel more human since taking HRT. Just need to get the anxiety & the night sweats (legs only - what on earth is that about?!) under control & I'll be a new woman!! ;D

SadLynda

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 03:24:41 PM »

Yes, another one that had the lack of confidence, I am a lot better now (on AD's) but I still have the odd day of finding things hard to deal with.

I used to have my night sweats from my lower back, was awful - hoping it does not return.