Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: iching below and razor blade feeling.......  (Read 5733 times)

miss-suzi

iching below and razor blade feeling.......
« on: February 05, 2016, 11:20:39 AM »

Hello all,

l pop in now and again and what a wonderfull site that helps keep us sane......

no perods for over a year....have been prescribed vagifem 10mg twice a week (internal)
also tried Fusidic acid 2% and daktacort...........nothing seems to help the most terrible itching below

l could scratch and scratch and should really tie my hands up....feels like razor blades just inside

have had examination,no discharge etc but told skin thin but nothing just nothing seems to work

l am at my wits end and just want to feel more normal..........also have been given dermol 500 to wash in....

I could and do cry and despair that will ever feel normal again, :'( suffer from depression so does not help when feeling so uncomfortable

does this ring bells with anyone please and any suggestions would be gratefully read.....thanx for your time x

Kate50

Re: iching below and razor blade feeling.......
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 11:33:15 AM »

Vaginal Atrophy

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 11:51:35 AM »

Hi miss- Suzi , Kate is right is does sound like it . I am a fellow suffered of afore mentioned condition and it ain't pleasant !

I am on Vagifem X 2 and have recently started Hrt which is addressing the problem ( hopefully)   

I use Dermol in the shower , I don't bathe either as it seems to aggravate the problem . I do know the pits of despair that you are feeling only too well , having been there myself , but while you may feel like the only person in the world who has this , believe it you are not ! And normality is achievable

I hope this helps
   Xx Ss

miss-suzi

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 11:57:06 AM »

.......... don't feel so alone....shall arm myself with info and be buoyed by the heartfelt repy,thanx so much....can l asked if any cream worked for you below ? x

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 12:16:36 PM »

My Doc recommended Estriol cream to use externally, I use this twice a week just before bedtime.

I also use E45 on the outer parts, personally I find it eases it. I use it after going to the toilet ,I did have a regime of washing myself after using the loo , but I think it was doing more harm than good tbh. I have also tried Hydromol and Multi - gyn active gel which is nice and cooling , stings a bit when first used but is OK after.

I also try and go 'knicker less' whenever I can , so I don't get too hot down there !

xx Ss

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 12:21:33 PM »

What did you go to the Surgery for initially, Vagifem has to be prescribed.  If necessary use the product every night for the next 2 weeks (re-load).  I recall the razor blade feeling, I use Ovestin1mg regularly to stop those symptoms recurring.  Add to that the feeling of needed to constantly pee  >:(.

I have no problems with long hot baths or showers.  A good rinse after soaping clears the skin of any residue ;-).

Kate50

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:46:35 PM »

The vagifem use to work but not now walked around all summer with no pants on!  I use  Xyloproct ointment which is used for piles just to numb it it's also got steroid in it I won't use full steroid which is what one consultant told me to do.  I said won't it make the area even thinner! !!??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »

Why do people get their knickers in a twist over steroids?  If your GP recommends it  :-\.  Steroids can save Lives.

If you don't want to use what your GP suggests ask a Pharmacist or maybe Vaseline/KY Jelly/LIVE yoghurt would ease symptoms?  It won't help the razor blades though …….

miss-suzi

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 02:06:20 PM »

................hmmmm, Vagifem initially used as was taken of HRT Patches, and when examined below told skin thin....it is really unbearable at the moment and even hard to sit down in despair l have just gone and brought some Lacane ....will be a miserable weekend if does not subside, and need to get some sense and support from GP Monday .....thanx for all your feedback.....it is so good not to be alone  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 03:07:32 PM »

Vagifem 10mg can be used safely 5 times a week if necessary. Twice a week doesn't do it for me, I use it every other night which equals 70mg over a fortnight (35.5mg a week on average). Occasionally I use it every night for a week if I need to with my GPs blessing and this keeps me comfortable although there is no cure for VA, just management. You don't deserve to put up with such discomfort and pain.

miss-suzi

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 03:49:46 PM »

very interesting using to hear you use the vagifem 5 x a week, have appointment next week with GP to have yet another chat about distressing symptoms...just got to get through the weekend.......thanx to all

babyjane

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 05:28:04 PM »

very interesting using to hear you use the vagifem 5 x a week,

I don't, I use it every other night but it can be used 5 x a week quite safely as that is 50mg which is what it used to be with the 2 x 25mg before they were changed :-)

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 04:10:07 PM »

You can use vagifem and additionally estriol cream for the outer areas - so maybe ask your doc for this too? Also if you want a steady dose of estrogen but don't fancy inserting a vagifem that often (ie 5 x per week) then there is the Estring which is a silicone (?) ring that releases estradiol at approx 7 mcg per day ie 49 mcg per week - the same as the old 25 mcg dose.
The information on the different treatments is here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php

Hurdity :) x

Dorothy

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 11:00:59 PM »

Miss-suzi, weren't you told to use the vagifem every night for the first two weeks?  My GP prescribed Ovestin and that is what I was told to do, followed by twice weekly after that.  I don't think twice weekly would have been enough for me without using it nightly for the first fortnight. 

I use vagisil for washing.

miss-suzi

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 07:45:32 AM »

hmmmmmmmmmmm.......rough weekend and up and down to loo like yo yo, most times only comfortable way to sit was when posterior raised up in the air... :'(.wating at the mo to ring GP to try and get an appointment, will be going armed with all the info, looking back this has been going on intermittently since 2014..........l think lack of understanding and confusion does not help, also no real understanding from GP who seems to take just shots in the dark, considering she is a lady thought would be more understanding, NEVER told to use the Vagifem every night in the beginning......... our ladies bits are such a minefield....with things far too close together...so having small piles l am sure does not help me at all.....
Happy Monday.......will keep you posted and thanx
Pages: [1] 2