Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Doctor happy to put me back on HRT even at 65yrs.....  (Read 3677 times)

skkb

Re: Doctor happy to put me back on HRT even at 65yrs.....
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 08:54:55 PM »

Oh Hurdity after the year I've had I can't believe that just 0.5mg three times a week is enough to get rid of my symptoms......I'm no medic but assume 1.5mg per week is a low dose and I'm thinking I will use it every day for a week or so to get the levels up and then return to my old regime . I will definitely, going forward, try an HRT break to see how that goes, but for now I'm looking forward to the estrogen loving my body again and making me love life again. Thanks for all your thoughts and encouraging posts.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 09:21:31 PM »

Why, with the new Guidelines, even consider reducing if HRT eases symptoms?  That bus might be alone in the morning  ::) so why 'waste' time thinking that you ought to try stopping?  One doesn't stop eating/diabetic medication/exercise  :-\ age is simply a number, it shouldn't determine who we are nor what we choose to wear; it shouldn't determine what we eat nor what GPs are prepared to prescribe!  After all, if we are well we don't go to the Surgery and it costs the NHS less!

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 08:52:36 PM »

I think it's valuable to share our experiences of coming off HRT even though we're all different! I am very interested to read about what everyone's tried and how they felt. I don't think there are many of us on here who are enamoured of having to take progesterone and/or bleed for ever, but we all want to reap the benefits of oestrogen!!!

Anyway - hope it does the job skkb - do let us know!

Hurdity x :)

Peterspots

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 09:55:15 PM »

I am still trying to find the balance & I have fought taking medicine but hrt helps my bladder pain. I still have aches but I think they are hormonal emotionally based. It makes me Sad that if I'm stressed my whole body hurts. I wish I was hard
Pages: 1 [2]