Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Desperate for advice  (Read 1390 times)

kv

Desperate for advice
« on: March 27, 2018, 03:37:55 PM »

Hi
Seen gp today re blood results. Confirmed im menopausal. I take progesterone only pill for bad monthlys and i dont have any at all since ive been on pill. I have hot and cold flashes at night. I dont want hrt and want to use natural therapies so am trying sage and red clover. My question is should i try progesterone cream?. Althought i take the pill i wouldnt know when my cycle is.any advice would be appreciated xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Desperate for advice
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 06:39:45 PM »

Does the Progesterone pill work for you? 

Some ladies find that alternatives work until the hormones go hey-wire!  Do read the 'treatments' above and also the threads in the 'alternative' room.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 08:03:42 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM kv
Were you told whether you are peri or post menopause? If you are post menopausal you shouldn't need progesterone.
It might be worth stopping the progesterone to see what happens before considering any form of treatment.
progesterone cream is unlikely to help flushes.
If you had problematic periods before, having a Mirena fitted and using seperate oestrogen as gel or patch would be the easiest way to have a good non bleed treatment for your meno symptoms.
Read all the info on this site to get clued up. DG x

dangermouse

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 08:16:07 PM »

What are the symptoms that you have now or is it just the up and down temps?

kv

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 06:46:52 AM »

Thanku so much for replies. I am post menopausal. It the flushes at night that are crippling me.i do feel a bit down (not depressed) and ratty at times but i do feel its because my sleep is so bad. I do suffer from adrenal problems and take nutri adrenal for that. I read that the progesterone cream would give my adrenals a break. I have been taken sage for two weeks and no improvement so have also started red clover last night.i know ive got to see what works for me.dr suggested blood pressure tabs but i wanted to try natural route first. Gp advised not to come off pill.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 08:01:47 AM »

How old are you? Why did they tell you to stay on progesterone if you are post menopause? If you are post meno you don't need contraception!!!!
oestrogen would help the night sweats so proper HRT would help you are would be the natural way to help your symptoms. DG x
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:01:16 PM by Dancinggirl »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 11:31:16 AM »

Has the adrenal problem been diagnosed by a Professional and do you have regular check ups?  The body can be a real nuisance at times  >:(

Where did U read that the progesterone cream would give the 'adrenals a break'?  A break from what exactly?  Progesterone is a natural hormone  :-\

I would take DG's suggestion B4 adding anything to the mix or the body won't know if it's flying a bike or riding a kite  ;)