Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Leaked when I sneezed.....  (Read 7178 times)

Taz2

Re: Leaked when I sneezed.....
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 04:03:31 PM »

This sounds like early prolapse symptoms to me 20032003 but I think we have mentioned this before? Pelvic floor exercises will help.

Sooby - lack of oestrogen causes a thinning of the skin tissue. The collagen diminishes which is what causes sagging and thinning skin on the body as well as internal organs. The pelvic floor can become weak as the muscles lose their elasticity so it's important to keep them toned up by exercising them every day. Not easy to remember to do it though.

Taz x

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 04:49:41 PM »

Have been looked at by gyno twice and she says no prolapse... I'm reading about that you can also have overactive pelvic floor muscles which can cause these symtoms too. I think I will speak with my naprapath and see if she knows something about this issue....

Milamam

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 06:50:59 PM »

I have it, too. When sneezing, laughing, running ... A pitty as I dont dare do any aerobic exercises that involve jumping, etc. I do have prolapse, which has become worse sincemy second birth. I have been told this can lead to more serious incontinence issues later on - oh well, not prepared to think that far, although I should!  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 06:59:54 PM »

It depends on how much it's affecting your life Milamam. If you do think that you would like to get some advice about getting it fixed then it's definitely better to do it sooner rather than later before everything else begins that slow, downward slide  :o

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]