Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Applying testosterone gel  (Read 1846 times)

Niamh

Applying testosterone gel
« on: February 01, 2016, 09:16:46 PM »

Hi I apply 1/8 of a tube of testim daily and ive used it for about 4 months now on my top shoulder on my back as per the instructions but it's staring to give me some spots there 😝. I just wondered where else I could apply it I get no other negative side effects and my skin elsewhere is fine it's just where I apply it...any recommendations? Thank you x

Hurdity

Re: Applying testosterone gel
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »

Hi Niamh

Well I was told to apply it to my inner thigh by Dr Annie Evans - was it prof Studd who said to apply it to shoulder? The instructions on the leaflet of course apply to men and are not specific to women. I was told by the Pharmacist when I got the  prescrption that I may get hairs growing on the application site - and yes I do - but this is a minor problem due to its benefits. As the weather warms up and I start to wear shorts I'll find a way to get rid of these (waxing?). The only thing that I have also noticed is that the hairs don't just grow on the application site but at a distance from it - although not elsewhere. I have read that testosterone is transported readily through the skin, so personally I would not apply it on my upper arm/shoulder - anywhere it could be transported near to the breasts. This is only because there is no real info on the long term effects on women and especially in relation to breasts/cancer etc so I am being ultra cautious here! I haven't had any spots ( I never has these anyway - nor any other adverse male type side effects - but I have a very low dose - a pea size blob -  because I am well post-meno, age 62 and my oestrogen dose is also low....

Huridty x

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 05:10:20 PM »

Niamh, Professor Studd told me to apply it to the inner forearm.  It has made it a bit hairy but no other side effects.  I use less than he suggested though, just a tiny bead. 

Niamh

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 05:50:06 PM »

Thanks ladies, it was Prof Studds nurse who said shoulder. A friend who sees him does inner lower arm, I did that today as that's where I put my ostrogel.

Hurdity might try thigh as I'm a dark haired lady and have to keep everything under control already by waxing 😂😂

X