Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Palpitations  (Read 1393 times)

Katemills

Palpitations
« on: February 01, 2016, 02:32:58 PM »

Hi. newbie here. I was wondering if anyone experienced palpitations and or fluttering. I was taking sage tablets but have now stopped to see if there is a link. I had a heart attack in 2007 and fingers crossed have been well since then but with my history this is a little concerning.
I'm sure it's all related to the menopause but it's good to put it out there.thanks

Suzi Q

Re: Palpitations
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 02:47:42 PM »

First off go to your GP have a good check up pf your heart xxxxxxxxxx
One of the symptoms of meno thats not much talked about are what I call the skippies
Ive actually got them n ow and Ive been post meno since Aug 96 at 42
My GP gave me Inderal 40m Beta Blocas they take a weel or so to work but they are magic
They stop the skippies and take away that grinding anxiety and feeling of terror xxxxxxxxx

Hurdity

Re: Palpitations
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 07:43:57 PM »

Hi Katemills

:welcomemm:

Yes palpitations are a common menopause symptom but as Sizi Q says you should get this checked out by the doctor if you've had heart problems in the past.

Hurdity x

jgr

Re: Palpitations,
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 08:02:40 PM »

I have had all the funny heartbeats also. Ectopics are the most common or as Suzi Q calls them skippies, little flutters and a wee bit of AF thrown in to the mix. Had all the checks done and everything ok. I do try to forget about them but it is not easy. I am on beta blockers which i am sure helps.  xx